• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Joynmne

Joynmne

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 06:29 PM

Anyone know of restaurants in or near Folsom open on Christmas Day for dinner.  We are especially interested in Asian food.  We were planning on going to Hop Sing Palace, but they are not open this year.

#2 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 07:14 PM

Actually I have seen quite a few advertised. I don't know off hand though. If I find them I will post them here.

IHOP

Denny's

Golden Corral

Applebee's

Hooters

KFC

P.F.Changs

McDonald's

T.G.I. Fridays

McCormick & Schmick's Roseville 916-960-4875

(They have openings right now from 10-12 AM only)

I am sure that there are others. You might want to call and confirm ahead of time.

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#3 aztransplant

aztransplant

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 11:05 PM

Anyone know of restaurants in or near Folsom open on Christmas Day for dinner.  We are especially interested in Asian food.  We were planning on going to Hop Sing Palace, but they are not open this year.

Agent_007 posted last year that Lotus 8 was open and very busy for Christmas dinner; maybe give them a call to see if they'll be open this year.

Posted 30 December 2014 - 01:43 PM
Lotus 8 was open on Christmas and was PACKED! Food was great (as usual) and everyone was fairly calm considering how busy the place was. Wait times were 40 minutes at some points. I believe Folsom Palace was also open.

http://lotus8folsom.com/lotus/

#4 kfergo

kfergo

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 09:30 AM

Bistro 33 in Towne Center El Dorado Hills 

#5 zook

zook

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 11:37 AM

Actually I have seen quite a few advertised. I don't know off hand though. If I find them I will post them here.

IHOP
Denny's
Golden Corral
Applebee's
Hooters
KFC
P.F.Changs
McDonald's
T.G.I. Fridays
McCormick & Schmick's Roseville 916-960-4875
(They have openings right now from 10-12 AM only)

I am sure that there are others. You might want to call and confirm ahead of time.

If I find myself at 99% of these establishments on Christmas, then something has gone terribly wrong! :)

#6 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 01:52 PM

If I find myself at 99% of these establishments on Christmas, then something has gone terribly wrong! :)

Me too.  100%...

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#7 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 02:00 PM

Oh lighten up, guys...being at Hooters on Christmas sounds "perfectly normal"...although Mrs. 2 Aces would certainly disagree...

#8 Agent_007

Agent_007

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 03:24 PM

Agent_007 posted last year that Lotus 8 was open and very busy for Christmas dinner; maybe give them a call to see if they'll be open this year.

Posted 30 December 2014 - 01:43 PM
Lotus 8 was open on Christmas and was PACKED! Food was great (as usual) and everyone was fairly calm considering how busy the place was. Wait times were 40 minutes at some points. I believe Folsom Palace was also open.

http://lotus8folsom.com/lotus/

We made a reservation for Lotus 8 this year on Xmas day. They were booked on reservations as of last week (for large groups, 5+). Call ahead if you are seeking a specific place to make a reservation.

#9 Joynmne

Joynmne

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 08:39 PM

So, we made reservations for 4:30 Christmas day, right after seeing the 1:20 showing of Star Wars at the Palladio Theater.  I'll let you know what we think....of both!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users