4 replies to this topic

#1 ReturntoCA

ReturntoCA

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 09:19 PM

Hello -

I am interested in putting either one or both of my kids in the Carl Sundahl Montessori program (Preschool and Kindergarten ages) but am having trouble finding any information from those that are presently in the program.

Anyone currently have children in the program? Or did have kids in the program and decided to take them out? Am curious about the caliber of the teachers and learning about personal experiences from families.

Thank you,

Stephanie

#2 jlp

jlp

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 10:01 PM

Hi Stephanie. We currently have two kids in the Montessori program at Carl Sundahl. They are both in the primary class (preschool, tk, and kindergarten). We love the teacher and the kids love going to school. The teacher is very involved with the kids and is very dedicated to the children and the program. During the preschool class, there is also a teacher's asst who is wonderful too. Our son is very reserved and he is definitely building his confidence in the program. From day one, he has loved going to school. The teacher has almost 35+ years of experience and is still enthusiastic and instills a love of learning. The primary class also has PE, library, computer, and art classes in addition to the basic curriculum.

Since the program is only in its second year, it is still evolving. Depending on the number of applicants this year, they are looking to expand the program and will likely have an older class (?grades 3-5), an intermediate class (?k-2) and the existing preschool-KG. This is just hearsay at the moment, though. I definitely see the program becoming impacted in the future as more people hear of the program.

We haven't had experience yet with the teacher for the older grades, but will be in her class next year. I hope this helps. Jennifer

#3 Shawn93

Shawn93

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 02:10 AM

Oh dear, I am also in the same boat. Actually I have also been finding the best Phoenix kindergarten for my twins but having a hard time. Is there anyone who can help by sharing some suggestion?

#4 SCA

SCA

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 04 September 2015 - 07:03 AM

Hi Shawn93,
I am a member of the Folsom Cordova School Board and would love to chat with you about our district if you're considering public school. Feel free to call my cell at (916)798-5380 or email me at saquino@fcusd.org.

Sarah Aquino

#5 Molly

Molly

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 04:58 PM

I know this is an old post, but I was wondering if there were any more opinions on this program. I registered my daughter for TK at Blanche Sprentz, but Carl Sundahl is our neighborhood school and now I'm reconsidering (plus there's a lottery for TK so we're not sure she'll get in). The main thing that holds me back is that they want you to commit to keeping your child in the program through 3rd grade. I like the idea of a Montessori education through kindergarten, but I'm wondering if it's difficult for kids to transition to a mainstream program in 4th grade. I'm also wondering about the pros and cons of a mixed age class for 1st-3rd grade. Any further insight or opinions would be appreciated!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users