12 replies to this topic

#1 mem1

mem1

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 12:55 PM

If you want to rent PWC don't go to Twin Cities at Granite Bay. Go to Beals Point or someplace else! I had a horrible exerience there and would hate anybody else to experiece what I did.

The Sea Doos they are renting at Twin Cities are brand new which is nice but the attitude of the employees is horrible and ruins the entire experience.

First I was greated with an employee who said "are you guys willing to pay for all damage because if you aren't let me know now." "I just had somebody change their mind because they didn't pay for damage and they wasted 30 minutes of my time." " I don't like anybody wasting my time".

After we had already filled out all of the paperwork, We were given a lengthly explaination of how we had to pay for all damages and how much each type of damage would cost including each single scratch would cost us $25. I appreciated the honesty but the delivery was extremely rude.

By the time we were ready to get in the water my boy friend and I wanted to back out of the rental. I could understand why the other people backed out. It was horrible!

We didn't back out and took the Sea Doo out for two hours. When we returned the employees went over the Sea Doo with a fine tooth comb looking for damage. Luckily they found none. We had to wait another 15 minutes while they did the inspection and determined how much we needed to pay for gas. To add insult to injury they charged us over $5 a gallon for gas. Other places charge $3.20 for gasoline.

Bottom line is they shouldn't get away with treating customers like that especially for a rental rate of $75 an hour, $1000 deposit and over $5 for gas. I have never had this experience at other PWC rentals. I would rather take out an old scrached up Sea Doo and have fun with it than be treated like this!

Please save yourself the negative experience and spend your money elsewhere!

#2 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 01:16 PM

Sounds like you had a horrible experience. At some point scratches just need to be counted as wear/tear. It's fine if they have these really strict policies, but I know what you meant about the delivery. There's a nice way to warn people, and there's a "I don't care about my customers" way aswell. Usually the second ends up pissing people off, who go post on forums, and business gets impacted. Sucks to be them.
"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#3 JMH

JMH

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 04:41 PM

Wow that sounds bad! We would have left just because of the attitude. If we wanted a bad attitude we would have called XM Satellite Radio customer service to try and cancel service again. I know, I know, it's just pushing the off topic envelope...

#4 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 08:46 AM

If I wanted bad service, I'd call Comcast!
"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#5 Sandman

Sandman

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 07:50 AM

QUOTE(mem1 @ Jul 3 2006, 01:55 PM) View Post

First I was greated with an employee who said "are you guys willing to pay for all damage because if you aren't let me know now." "I just had somebody change their mind because they didn't pay for damage and they wasted 30 minutes of my time." " I don't like anybody wasting my time".

That would have been my queue to leave. You chose to stay and deal with somebody you knew up front was going to be an A-hole so I can't feel that sorry for you.

#6 Dartmore

Dartmore

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 11:43 AM

QUOTE(mem1 @ Jul 3 2006, 01:55 PM) View Post

If you want to rent PWC don't go to Twin Cities at Granite Bay. Go to Beals Point or someplace else! I had a horrible exerience there and would hate anybody else to experiece what I did.

Ouch, thanks for the tip Mem. We're going to rent a set of sea doos later and July and will keep that in mind.

Regarding the rental front in general, can you simply rent sea doos on the water? Or do you rent them somewhere and borrow a trailer then manuver them into the water? I'm new at this - can you tell tongue.gif

#7 FRASCO

FRASCO

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 04:57 PM

I had a similar experience at Folsom Lake Boat Rentals a few years back and never rented from them again. I had rented from them about 4 or 5 times too. To bad to sad.

I then rented from the place on Douglas that also rents limos. I'm not sure of the name but they were very friendly and they didn't even mind if I brought the boat back the following morning.

#8 mem1

mem1

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 04:11 PM

QUOTE(Dartmore @ Jul 5 2006, 12:43 PM) View Post

Ouch, thanks for the tip Mem. We're going to rent a set of sea doos later and July and will keep that in mind.

Regarding the rental front in general, can you simply rent sea doos on the water? Or do you rent them somewhere and borrow a trailer then manuver them into the water? I'm new at this - can you tell tongue.gif

You can rent them either way. Of course it is easier to rent them right on the water but I have been told by others it can be cheaper to rent elsewhere and bring it yourself to the water with a trailer.

#9 waterdude

waterdude

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 01:21 PM

What the heck are you talking about???? Apparently, you have not rented from anyone else.....

I have been renting from them for the last two years. They always have new watercraft and take care of the ski's. I have never had a problem with customer service and they have always been professional. The ski's never break down or have any equiptment falling off while you ride. The ski's are always full of fuel and are ready to go right on the water. No hauling or wear and tear on my vehicle, just fun riding and the lake is beautiful.

If you want beat up Sea Doo's go somewhere else. Yes, they don't want you to beat up the ski's. Those ski's are about $10,000 per ski, HELLO... They are the new 4-strokes which are better for the enviroment and the lake.

Go ahead and check the prices, they are the cheapest around with the best product without the hastle of loading and unloading. Other rental companies have you wait in empty parking lots for them to arrive and give you the ski and then it is your responsibility to bring the ski's into the lake and pay for the fees of the ski's. You same the time and money by renting right on the lake.

I would like to say thank you to Twin Cities and the staff for making my summers at the lake a valuable experience for me and my family.

SKI ON DUDE'S

#10 mem1

mem1

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 02:53 PM

I am glad your experience has been positive. I must have caught them on a really bad day because they were extremely rude. I have rented elsewhere and it was the same price or less and much more fun experience. Nobody else charged me $5 a gallon for gas either.

#11 folsom500

folsom500

Folsom Gardner

• 6,562 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 02:57 PM

QUOTE(waterdude @ Jul 14 2006, 02:21 PM) View Post

What the heck are you talking about???? Apparently, you have not rented from anyone else.....

Go ahead and check the prices, they are the cheapest around with the best product without the hastle of loading and unloading. Other rental companies have you wait in empty parking lots for them to arrive and give you the ski and then it is your responsibility to bring the ski's into the lake and pay for the fees of the ski's. You same the time and money by renting right on the lake.

I would like to say thank you to Twin Cities and the staff for making my summers at the lake a valuable experience for me and my family.
SKI ON DUDE'S

You dont happen to work there do you ??? first post- countering negative remarks about a retailer- normally is suspect-----I smell a rat someplace - especially considering the GLOWING advert you give them...

Another great  day in the adventure of exploration and sight.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has"
-Margaret Mead-

#12 slowthegrowth

slowthegrowth

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,318 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 01:03 PM

QUOTE (folsom500 @ Jul 14 2006, 02:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You dont happen to work there do you ??? first post- countering negative remarks about a retailer- normally is suspect-----I smell a rat someplace - especially considering the GLOWING advert you give them...

Gotta agree there! Clearly a poster with an agenda. I can verify personally how AWFUL the employees are there.

STAY AWAY!

#13 Michael Hughes

Michael Hughes

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 01:01 PM

QUOTE (waterdude @ Jul 14 2006, 01:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have been renting from them for the last two years. They always have new watercraft and take care of the ski's. I have never had a problem with customer service and they have always been professional. The ski's never break down or have any equiptment falling off while you ride. The ski's are always full of fuel and are ready to go right on the water. No hauling or wear and tear on my vehicle, just fun riding and the lake is beautiful.

If you want beat up Sea Doo's go somewhere else. Yes, they don't want you to beat up the ski's. Those ski's are about $10,000 per ski, HELLO... They are the new 4-strokes which are better for the enviroment and the lake.

SKI ON DUDE'S

Just the attitude he is giving sounds exactly like what the topic started said the staff member sounded like from this Twin Cities place in Granite Bay. Probably the same person. He realized someone is putting him on blast online and he got his knickers in a bunch. Too late sir you have been outed!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users