19 replies to this topic

#1 FolsomBusinessOwner

FolsomBusinessOwner

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 08:10 AM

I heard a rumor that In and Out Burger is going in across the street from FLC, where there is new construction. Is this true?

#2 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 08:27 AM

QUOTE(FolsomBusinessOwner @ Jun 8 2007, 09:10 AM) View Post
I heard a rumor that In and Out Burger is going in across the street from FLC, where there is new construction. Is this true?

Last I heard it's down the hill from Costco.. I doubt they'd move it anywhere further away from the freeway.
"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#3 banana

banana

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 08:30 AM

QUOTE(mylo @ Jun 8 2007, 09:27 AM) View Post
Last I heard it's down the hill from Costco.. I doubt they'd move it anywhere further away from the freeway.

I hope someday they realize that not all of Folsom lives next to the 50 and stop doing everything for EDH residents

wish they'd get some stores back in at the other end of bidwell. that area by walmart is turning into a ghost town

#4 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 08:32 AM

In&Out's are travellers stops not just for residents. I'd bet they'll get more customers from people heading up and down the hill than from people who live within Folsom. It would be silly for them to turn away those customers to be half a mile closer to "central" Folsom

#5 titusan

titusan

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 08:55 AM

My understanding is that the In&Out is near 50 below Costco. The construction by the College is a mormon church.

#6 October15

October15

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 09:03 AM

QUOTE(banana @ Jun 8 2007, 09:30 AM) View Post
I hope someday they realize that not all of Folsom lives next to the 50 and stop doing everything for EDH residents

wish they'd get some stores back in at the other end of bidwell. that area by walmart is turning into a ghost town

I wouldn't think that people are putting all the stores and services in to serve El Dorado Hills, but to serve themselves...through meeting the desires of the majority of potential customers. So...outside of Folsom limiting the business that can go in-- they'll continue to go where they can get the most traffic...which is by a major artery. If I were you, and lived on the other side of town or in American River Canyon, I'd be frustrated, too. It seems like the only answers would be to move closer to this side of town (why we moved down from Cameron Park...convenience was more of a priority for my wife than Oaked Hills!), to have the city try and control the businesses-- which could result in a decline of interested businesses, or to go to the Southern Cal method and turn Folsom Auburn Blvd., Greenback and Riley into more efficient arteries. If this happened, and Orangevale got on the stick-- they could become another South Folsom...drawing people from Fair Oaks, Orangevale, American River Canyon, etc. But...in all of this-- there would be the sacrifice of taking on more congestion like we in south Folsom experience living right in the thick of everything. I hear you, though...it used to be so easy to get to Target, Walmart, DMV, GoldMiner, etc. It helped a little when Riley went through-- but it definitely becomes more of a major trip to get across town. At one point, I remember saying... "Hey, girls...no friends in American River Canyon". We DON'T LIKE PEOPLE FROM ARC." Of course, I was being ridiculous and joking with them...but I remember the sinking feeling of being asked to pick someone up from there during high traffic times. They might have just as well asked me to go to Rancho or Shingle Springs.
We're just learning to allow more time...take bigger breaths and plan when we will drive somewhere-- including using Hwy 50. Wow. It's like living in SoCal again.

#7 Al Waysrite

Al Waysrite

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 09:13 AM

Like most folks I really enjoy a hot in-n-out cheeseburger, but really do we need (or even want) another fast food place in town?

Attached Files

#8 folsombound

folsombound

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,040 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 09:34 AM

QUOTE(October15 @ Jun 8 2007, 10:03 AM) View Post
I wouldn't think that people are putting all the stores and services in to serve El Dorado Hills, but to serve themselves...through meeting the desires of the majority of potential customers. So...outside of Folsom limiting the business that can go in-- they'll continue to go where they can get the most traffic...which is by a major artery. If I were you, and lived on the other side of town or in American River Canyon, I'd be frustrated, too. It seems like the only answers would be to move closer to this side of town (why we moved down from Cameron Park...convenience was more of a priority for my wife than Oaked Hills!), to have the city try and control the businesses-- which could result in a decline of interested businesses, or to go to the Southern Cal method and turn Folsom Auburn Blvd., Greenback and Riley into more efficient arteries. If this happened, and Orangevale got on the stick-- they could become another South Folsom...drawing people from Fair Oaks, Orangevale, American River Canyon, etc. But...in all of this-- there would be the sacrifice of taking on more congestion like we in south Folsom experience living right in the thick of everything. I hear you, though...it used to be so easy to get to Target, Walmart, DMV, GoldMiner, etc. It helped a little when Riley went through-- but it definitely becomes more of a major trip to get across town. At one point, I remember saying... "Hey, girls...no friends in American River Canyon". We DON'T LIKE PEOPLE FROM ARC." Of course, I was being ridiculous and joking with them...but I remember the sinking feeling of being asked to pick someone up from there during high traffic times. They might have just as well asked me to go to Rancho or Shingle Springs.
We're just learning to allow more time...take bigger breaths and plan when we will drive somewhere-- including using Hwy 50. Wow. It's like living in SoCal again.

Obviously you haven't spent any time in SoCal recently. I spent almost all of 2002 there and despite the fact that I grew up down there I don't even want to go back to visit friends. Folsom, SAC and the entire area will never be anywhere near that bad (thank God). smile.gif

#9 October15

October15

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 09:35 AM

QUOTE(Al Waysrite @ Jun 8 2007, 10:13 AM) View Post
Like most folks I really enjoy a hot in-n-out cheeseburger, but really do we need (or even want) another fast food place in town?

Yeah. I only like Burger King-- because of the charbroiled flavor. Millions of votes from my wife, though, who has been an In-N-Out fan for years. I just don't get it. It's like a lot of hype for Mom and Pop style burgers-- but she's happy-- so we go.

#10 folsombound

folsombound

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,040 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 09:36 AM

The person in your attached photo sure doesn't! tongue.gif

#11 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 09:52 AM

Yes, we need an In&Out. It is critical to the survival of the entire human race that Folsom gets an In&Out.. BUILD IT NOW!!! I'm Hungry!!!!

#12 LadyGreenEyes

LadyGreenEyes

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 10:42 AM

That pic looks familiar, I think I saw him cruising the isle of Walmart last week. laugh.gif

#13 mama_D

mama_D

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 10:50 AM

I'm not a fast food kind of girl. Has anyone read "Fast Food Nation"? But In N Out got a thumbs up in that indictment of the fast food industry in general and man--it brings me back to my childhood. I lived in Baldwin Park as a girl--the birthplace of In N Out-- and my mom and I would drive through the original restaurant. They used to just have a little order counter in the back if you didn't want to drive-through. Give me a double double with grilled onions and a side of fries and I am a happy girl. In fact--Thomas Keller--arguably one of the nations greatest chefs (if not the greatest) and proprietor of the French Laundry loves a good In N Out burger. That ought to tell you someting....

Another bit of trivia--look at their packaging. It always has a reference to a bible verse. The chain is family owned and that family is Christian to the core--one of the reasons why my bible thumpin' Baptist grandmother used to frequent the establishment.

#14 brown

brown

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 02:34 PM

QUOTE(mama_D @ Jun 8 2007, 11:50 AM) View Post
I lived in Baldwin Park as a girl--the birthplace of In N Out-- and my mom and I would drive through the original restaurant.

How funny, my wife is from Baldwin Park and every time we went down there, we would stop at the original store. Last time we went it was closed with a fence around it sad.gif
"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine

#15 tessieca

tessieca

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 03:05 PM

Yes, we need an In'n'Out! It's actually the rare fast food place I'll even patronize. Instead of sending us fans to RC or Roseville, Folsom can get the tax dollars that the EDH people pay into the restaurant. The biggest problem there will be the access.
"Sometimes on purpose and sometimes by accident, teachers' unions have a long history of working against the interests of children in the name of job security for adults. And Democrats in particular have a history of facilitating this obstructionism in exchange for campaign donations and votes." . . .Amanda Ripley re "Waiting for Superman" movie.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users