#1 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 09:25 AM

http://www.folsom.ca....asp?NewsID=174

- No fireworks after July 4
- No fireworks on private property (other than your own, I assume)
- No fireworks in 11 local parks

#2 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 09:27 AM

Whaaa?

"Private property posted by the owner"

I heard the Costco parking lot used to be great, but we tried last year and got waved away sad.gif I guess this ordinance is to cover that.
"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#3 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 09:29 AM

methinks a big fire in Tahoe and one in Folsom a week earlier is the culprit...

#4 Andrea V

Andrea V

Girl ur mom warned u about!

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 09:38 AM

QUOTE(mylo @ Jun 27 2007, 10:27 AM) View Post
Whaaa?

I heard the Costco parking lot used to be great, but we tried last year and got waved away sad.gif I guess this ordinance is to cover that.

You'd think a big PARKING LOT would be IDEAL! nothing to burn on it.... no houses 10 feet away.... ehhh whatever!
<3

#5 FolsomBarb

FolsomBarb

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 01:41 PM

QUOTE(Andrea V @ Jun 27 2007, 10:38 AM) View Post
You'd think a big PARKING LOT would be IDEAL! nothing to burn on it.... no houses 10 feet away.... ehhh whatever!

It probably has more to do with liability, if someone using the parking lot to shoot off fireworks gets injured using those fireworks. We do live in a "sue-happy" society, after all. Someone would be sure to blame Costco for Junior's unfortunate accident with that Piccolo Pete that he pinched with a pair of pliers, and set off while still holding it.......

Also, probably because most people would not clean up the mess they made (burnt spots on the pavement, debris, etc.)
I assume full responsibility for my actions, except the ones that are someone else's fault.

#6 Andrea V

Andrea V

• Premium Member
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 02:10 PM

QUOTE(FolsomBarb @ Jun 27 2007, 02:41 PM) View Post
It probably has more to do with liability, if someone using the parking lot to shoot off fireworks gets injured using those fireworks. We do live in a "sue-happy" society, after all. Someone would be sure to blame Costco for Junior's unfortunate accident with that Piccolo Pete that he pinched with a pair of pliers, and set off while still holding it.......

Also, probably because most people would not clean up the mess they made (burnt spots on the pavement, debris, etc.)

very good point!!!
<3

#7 nj78

nj78

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 02:40 PM

Or the fact that there is gas pumps on the property.

#8 Andrea V

Andrea V

• Premium Member
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 02:43 PM

QUOTE(nj78 @ Jun 27 2007, 03:40 PM) View Post
Or the fact that there is gas pumps on the property.

yeah, but that's way on the other side... there is still a lot of room closer to the entrance.
<3

#9 MikeinFolsom

MikeinFolsom

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 03:09 PM

Yeah, but no one wants to pick up the used fireworks, so COSTCO has to do it. Maybe if those that used the parking lot in the past had cleaned up, then it wouldn't be like this. Kinda reminds me of smokers.......

#10 Andrea V

Andrea V

• Premium Member
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 03:16 PM

QUOTE(MikeinFolsom @ Jun 27 2007, 04:09 PM) View Post
Yeah, but no one wants to pick up the used fireworks, so COSTCO has to do it. Maybe if those that used the parking lot in the past had cleaned up, then it wouldn't be like this. Kinda reminds me of smokers.......

people don't pick up their mess??? Why?

I guess it is like the people who make HUGE messes at resturants.... their kids have food EVERYWHERE etc. makes me wonder...... do you make that much of a mess during dinner at YOUR house?
<3

#11 kprincesskate

kprincesskate

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 06:43 PM

QUOTE(Andrea V @ Jun 27 2007, 04:16 PM) View Post
people don't pick up their mess??? Why?

I guess it is like the people who make HUGE messes at resturants.... their kids have food EVERYWHERE etc. makes me wonder...... do you make that much of a mess during dinner at YOUR house?

The only time I don't mind my kids making a mess is at a restaurant! I am sorry, but we pay good money for the meal and the service that goes along with it.... Don't get me wrong, we still expect manners from our girls, however if they spill on the ground I am not jumping to clean it up. It is the only time I can actually sit through a meal and relax without having to constantly clean up after the kids!
The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it.

#12 Andrea V

Andrea V

• Premium Member
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 06:55 PM

QUOTE(kprincesskate @ Jun 27 2007, 07:43 PM) View Post
The only time I don't mind my kids making a mess is at a restaurant! I am sorry, but we pay good money for the meal and the service that goes along with it.... Don't get me wrong, we still expect manners from our girls, however if they spill on the ground I am not jumping to clean it up. It is the only time I can actually sit through a meal and relax without having to constantly clean up after the kids!

So I guess *I* pay good $$ to sit near you and watch the milk spill all over the floor. dry.gif
<3

#13 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 07:49 AM

QUOTE(john @ Jun 27 2007, 10:25 AM) View Post
http://www.folsom.ca....asp?NewsID=174

- No fireworks after July 4
- No fireworks on private property (other than your own, I assume)
- No fireworks in 11 local parks

I have to admit I haven't read the whole ordinance. I'm not clear on the private property part. Does that include residences or is it just commercial?

I hope closing the parks won't increase the use of school grounds for fireworks. If people didn't behave like pigs and would just pick up after themselves and use common sense these kinds of ordinances wouldn't be necessary. I guess that's just asking too much.

#14 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 07:56 AM

There were some kids lighting off some crackers on the bike path this morning. Woke me up. Can't imagine why anyone would want to light firecrackers during day time hours. Go figure. They had bikes-helmets--funny they were so safety oriented--but lighting crackers on the bike trail near all the dry brush and stuff. dumb.

#15 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 08:12 AM

QUOTE(supermom @ Jun 28 2007, 08:56 AM) View Post
There were some kids lighting off some crackers on the bike path this morning. Woke me up. Can't imagine why anyone would want to light firecrackers during day time hours. Go figure. They had bikes-helmets--funny they were so safety oriented--but lighting crackers on the bike trail near all the dry brush and stuff. dumb.

Duh, if they did it at home mom would see and tell them to knock it off.

It's really not a laughing matter if someone's house were to burn up so I shouldn't make fun. That is really dangerous behavior and I would report it. Bet those kids who thought it was funny to light lizards on fire wish someone had stopped them before the lizards took off up the hill by Kingsbury Grade and ended up torching some homes on the hill - not to mention the fate of the poor lizards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users