• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 01:00 PM

We just posted the video on the front page... did anyone else go to the cattle drive? I always enjoy it, though I must admit the anticipation is always more than the actual cattle drive - blink and you will miss it!

This is one of those small town events that makes Folsom such a cool place to live. :-)

#2 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 01:44 PM

QUOTE(john @ Jul 2 2008, 02:00 PM) View Post

We just posted the video on the front page... did anyone else go to the cattle drive? I always enjoy it, though I must admit the anticipation is always more than the actual cattle drive - blink and you will miss it!

This is one of those small town events that makes Folsom such a cool place to live. :-)

Nope, stuck at work, son had a field trip today anyway.
I'm off tomorrow, think they will do it again just for me lmaosmiley.gif
I would rather be Backpacking

#3 kprincesskate

kprincesskate

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 02:25 PM

We did! The kids loved it!
The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it.

#4 rlsliger

rlsliger

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 02:41 PM

I took my 5 year old son and 7 year old daughter. The had a great time. They especially liked watching them load the cattle when it was over. We said hi to "stevethedad" and also got to see him run with the bulls.

#5 Janet

Janet

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 02:52 PM

It would be nice if "high noon" meant high noon. But it really means 12:20. It was fun but something I think is good to do every 5 years, like I did.

#6 MrsTuffPaws

MrsTuffPaws

Crazy Lady

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 02:53 PM

I drove down there, saw all the traffic, turned around and came home. Does that get me half a point?

#7 rlsliger

rlsliger

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 02:55 PM

QUOTE(MrsTuffPaws @ Jul 2 2008, 03:53 PM) View Post
I drove down there, saw all the traffic, turned around and came home. Does that get me half a point?

Only if you saw a steer or longhorn!

#8 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 02:56 PM

--

You see one, you don't need to go again... We didn't go this year...
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#9 Jolene

Jolene

Well-versed in how I might be cursed.

• Premium Member
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 03:01 PM

We didn't, but Jessica's daycare took the kids. Apparently one little girl didn't want to go and the director told her that she'd have a good time. When they got back, the director asked the girl if she had fun and the girl excitedly announced that they got to see the cows pooping! I'm sorry I missed all the fun. Heh.
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING MY GIRL.
We could not be doing this without you.
Much love and gratitude.

#10 hopeanelli

hopeanelli

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Interests:Drag Racing, Motocross, boating and my boys....

Posted 02 July 2008 - 03:01 PM

This was the first time in 10 years of living here that I was actually home and able to go and I made both the boys go with while they complained all the way there (11 and 17) "Why ya makin us do this?""" and WOW while it was not a very long thing they both walked away sensing that small town attitude that we moved here for.. Seeing that (even though it was quite quick) really made me remember why we came here and when I was in the long line of traffic coming back on E Bidwell I just smiled and said "THis is Folsom" and I love it so....

Happy 4th of July to all and remember be SAFE AND SANE (if ya can)....

#11 femmesavante

femmesavante

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Interests:Homeschooling, cooking, theatre....

Posted 02 July 2008 - 05:11 PM

Yes I took my daughters (2 and 4) today. We moved to Folsom this time last year and I remember hearing about the cattle drive a few weeks after it happened. I was disappointed that I didn't get to go. So this year we were there! It was crowded, hot and "blink and you miss it" quick, but the kids liked it and so did I! So cool! The only thing that annoyed me is that I was snapping pictures as they were coming up to us, and by the time the really big ones passed us, my stupid digital camera had jammed and was processing the pictures I had just taken.... So, I got some pics of them heading toward us, and then their behinds... SWEET! wacko.gif

#12 sat

sat

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 06:45 PM

We went and had a good time. But, like John said, if you blink, you miss the cattle. We didn't have the best view where we were, but the kids had fun, anyhow. If we go again next year, we will probably sit up on the balcony at Hacienda and enjoy a cool margarita while watching the parade.

#13 Jolene

Jolene

Well-versed in how I might be cursed.

• Premium Member
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 07:19 PM

QUOTE(sat @ Jul 2 2008, 07:45 PM) View Post
We went and had a good time. But, like John said, if you blink, you miss the cattle. We didn't have the best view where we were, but the kids had fun, anyhow. If we go again next year, we will probably sit up on the balcony at Hacienda and enjoy a cool margarita while watching the parade.

Your children will still be too young to drink next year, as well. C'mon now!!
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING MY GIRL.
We could not be doing this without you.
Much love and gratitude.

#14 DavidH

DavidH

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 07:27 PM

QUOTE(Janet @ Jul 2 2008, 03:52 PM) View Post
It would be nice if "high noon" meant high noon. But it really means 12:20. It was fun but something I think is good to do every 5 years, like I did.

I'm pretty sure "high noon" means when they leave the park and, depending on the bulls, could easily take 20 minutes to get to Sutter Street. I was there and it was cool as always.

I'm not crazy about the three or four Corvettes joining in the parade amidst the wagons, horses, stagecoaches, etc. Reminded me of the "royal court" from Folsom High's homecoming parade. Pretty cheesy but the rest was good.

#15 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 08:32 PM

No
"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users