• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 capitolfolsomguy

capitolfolsomguy

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:My family, my close friends, my community, snow skiing, staying fit, politics and current events.

Posted 04 December 2008 - 07:41 PM

Just want to vent here as I am sure I am not the only person who has this problem. For the past 3 months on either Thursday or Friday night, someone is allowing their dog to take care of his "business" on my lawn. I live in Natoma Station. I originally thought it was a stray, but this occurs every week, Thursday or Friday. I can count on finding the surprise on my front lawn every Friday or Saturday morning. So here is the deal. I work odd hours during the work week. I come home late at night or early in the morning depending on the day. If I see someone walking their dog and allowing them to decorate my lawn, you can expect a harsh tongue lashing. If I see someone's dog loose on my lawn, whether or not they are around, I will grab the dog up and take him to the after hours animal shelter off of Bradshaw Road. I don't care if the owner is present or not. I will grab the dog so fast, you will not have time to stop me from taking your dog to the animal shelter. From looking at the surprises, the dog is not large. Has anyone else had this problem with inconsiderate neighbors? How did you handle it? Keep in mind, I do not know which neighbor's dog is doing this.

#2 ChipShot

ChipShot

Golfer-In-Chief

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,992 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 07:49 PM

Too bad you don't know who owns the dog. Then you could put the 'present' right on their front door step...or driveway...or car...or ???
I have opinions, you have opinions. We'll just call it even...is that OK ??

#3 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 08:25 PM

QUOTE(capitolfolsomguy @ Dec 4 2008, 07:41 PM) View Post
Just want to vent here as I am sure I am not the only person who has this problem. For the past 3 months on either Thursday or Friday night, someone is allowing their dog to take care of his "business" on my lawn. I live in Natoma Station. I originally thought it was a stray, but this occurs every week, Thursday or Friday. I can count on finding the surprise on my front lawn every Friday or Saturday morning. So here is the deal. I work odd hours during the work week. I come home late at night or early in the morning depending on the day. If I see someone walking their dog and allowing them to decorate my lawn, you can expect a harsh tongue lashing. If I see someone's dog loose on my lawn, whether or not they are around, I will grab the dog up and take him to the after hours animal shelter off of Bradshaw Road. I don't care if the owner is present or not. I will grab the dog so fast, you will not have time to stop me from taking your dog to the animal shelter. From looking at the surprises, the dog is not large. Has anyone else had this problem with inconsiderate neighbors? How did you handle it? Keep in mind, I do not know which neighbor's dog is doing this.

Which part of Natoma Station are you in... I have a similar story.... and I know where the dog lives.

#4 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 05 December 2008 - 07:02 AM

QUOTE(chris v @ Dec 4 2008, 08:25 PM) View Post
Which part of Natoma Station are you in... I have a similar story.... and I know where the dog lives.

who ever is letting their dog crap weekly on these lawns deserves a metal tipped boot up their arse -that's extremely rude and disrespectful to the community to let dogs crap all over without picking it up

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#5 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 07:11 AM

The dog in my instance is allowed to roam on it's own...

#6 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 07:20 AM

QUOTE(chris v @ Dec 5 2008, 07:11 AM) View Post
The dog in my instance is allowed to roam on it's own...

that should not be allowed anywhere - that dog needs to be caught and taken in to animal control

#7 Coastal Cohort

Coastal Cohort

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 07:26 AM

I have the same problem. The across the street neghbors let their beagle out and he wanders over here to poop. I caught him 1x while they were outside WATCHING! I made them clean it up. Didn't stop them, they still let their dog do it.

I think it's because I'm on a corner, we seem to get a lot of people letting their dogs do their business on our lawn.

I finally put a sign out on my lawn that says "Please Pick Up Poo!" and that let neighbors know that I was onto them. That helped, but as soon as I took the sign down, the poo came back.

At this point, I don't know what else do do either. It's frustrating, but I guess that's just the cost of living in a neighborhood. huh.gif

#8 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 07:45 AM

QUOTE(Coastal Cohort @ Dec 5 2008, 07:26 AM) View Post
I have the same problem. The across the street neghbors let their beagle out and he wanders over here to poop. I caught him 1x while they were outside WATCHING! I made them clean it up. Didn't stop them, they still let their dog do it.

I think it's because I'm on a corner, we seem to get a lot of people letting their dogs do their business on our lawn.

I finally put a sign out on my lawn that says "Please Pick Up Poo!" and that let neighbors know that I was onto them. That helped, but as soon as I took the sign down, the poo came back.

At this point, I don't know what else do do either. It's frustrating, but I guess that's just the cost of living in a neighborhood. huh.gif

Your best solution is to pick up the poo and return it to the rightful owners - placing it on their front porch seems like the right thing to do here

- flaming paper bag optional tongue.gif

#9 capitolfolsomguy

capitolfolsomguy

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:My family, my close friends, my community, snow skiing, staying fit, politics and current events.

Posted 05 December 2008 - 08:07 AM

QUOTE(chris v @ Dec 4 2008, 08:25 PM) View Post

#10 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 08:08 AM

QUOTE(capitolfolsomguy @ Dec 5 2008, 08:07 AM) View Post
I am near John Henry and Turn Pike.

Not the same person.

#11 (Gaelic925)

(Gaelic925)
  • Visitors

Posted 05 December 2008 - 08:13 AM

My problem is with people letting their dogs go poo in the park.....come on people this is where kids play. It is so gross!

#12 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 08:28 AM

QUOTE(Gaelic925 @ Dec 5 2008, 08:13 AM) View Post
My problem is with people letting their dogs go poo in the park.....come on people this is where kids play. It is so gross!

I agree - that's disgusting, and people who allow their dogs to crap all over - are pigs themselves

I always yell at people I see walking away after their dog has done its business, but really they should be slapped for being ignorant and rude

#13 Fan4Ricci

Fan4Ricci

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 08:37 AM

Your dog is your responsibility and that includes what comes out of their butt!!!

Come people how hard is it to carry a plastic bag and bend over to pick it up!!! rolleyes.gif

I just don't get it.

They even provide bags on the trails around Folsom and that is where the biggest issue is! It was just in the City of Folsom newletter!

People are just rude and have no respect for others! wacko.gif
This is our life. It's all that we get. The days are all numbered and the nights are all spent - Rob Thomas "Snowblind" -2009

#14 MSgt

MSgt

Living Legend

• 3,405 posts
  • Interests:Camping
    Reading
    Fishing
    Read and discuss about spiritual matters

Posted 05 December 2008 - 08:38 AM

QUOTE(davburr @ Dec 5 2008, 07:45 AM) View Post
Your best solution is to pick up the poo and return it to the rightful owners - placing it on their front porch seems like the right thing to do here

- flaming paper bag optional tongue.gif

Fillerup!

#15 ChipShot

ChipShot

Golfer-In-Chief

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,992 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 09:06 AM

QUOTE(Fan4Ricci @ Dec 5 2008, 08:37 AM) View Post
(Some) People are just rude inconsiderate animals and have no respect for others! wacko.gif

I fixed that for you, no charge !!
I have opinions, you have opinions. We'll just call it even...is that OK ??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users