9 replies to this topic

#1 Lexington Hills

Lexington Hills

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 12:38 PM

I thought I'd check with you fellow lexington hillites before I go and call a window guy. How much and who did you go to for your half circle window blinds? In our model its a high half circle window in the bedroom about 3' in diameter 10' up the wall.

Thanks!

#2 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 12:52 PM

QUOTE (Lexington Hills @ Jan 22 2009, 12:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought I'd check with you fellow lexington hillites before I go and call a window guy. How much and who did you go to for your half circle window blinds? In our model its a high half circle window in the bedroom about 3' in diameter 10' up the wall.

Thanks!

I will be surprised if you find semi-circle mini-blinds. My suggestion is cover it with regular black-out curtains, or find a large handheld type fan that will fit in the opening and block a large chunk of the light, something like this

I would rather be Backpacking

#3 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 22 January 2009 - 12:58 PM

Companies that sell blinds do sell semi-circle blinds
(http://www.blinds.co...y/categoryID,69 ) .

I know Lowe's sells blinds; you may want to contact someone in their Window Treatment department to see if they can be of help.
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#4 Lexington Hills

Lexington Hills

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 01:02 PM

QUOTE (Resume Lady @ Jan 22 2009, 12:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Companies that sell blinds do sell semi-circle blinds
(http://www.blinds.com/control/subCategory/categoryID,69 ) .

I know Lowe's sells blinds; you may want to contact someone in their Window Treatment department to see if they can be of help.

oh cool they even listed prices. not too shabby. I'll check lowes too.

#5 hopeanelli

hopeanelli

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 701 posts
  • Interests:Drag Racing, Motocross, boating and my boys....

Posted 22 January 2009 - 01:18 PM

QUOTE (Lexington Hills @ Jan 22 2009, 01:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
oh cool they even listed prices. not too shabby. I'll check lowes too.

I live in Lex Hills also and have 3 of those windows, I looked into blinds but couldn't decide so I went to those cheap paper fan looking things that stick down with a sticky strip and fan out. They are great and when they get dusty pull them off throw away and put new ones in the cost under $10...

#6 tigerlily6

tigerlily6

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 05:28 PM

QUOTE (hopeanelli @ Jan 22 2009, 01:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I live in Lex Hills also and have 3 of those windows, I looked into blinds but couldn't decide so I went to those cheap paper fan looking things that stick down with a sticky strip and fan out. They are great and when they get dusty pull them off throw away and put new ones in the cost under $10...

Where do you get those? I love to be able to throw dusty things away.

#7 Darth Lefty

Darth Lefty

Disco Infiltrator

• No Politics!
  • 5,578 posts
  • Interests:Volunteer with a service club like Active 20-30, and you CAN make a difference!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 05:38 PM

Huh. Never thought about this. The blind linked above fans out like the tissue holiday decorations we used to have when I was a kid. I bet I could invent something that worked like a feathering propeller and make a ton of money...
"I enjoy a bit of cooking, and this has always worried me. But it's OK. I only like it because it allows me to play with knives." - James May

Genesis 49:16-17
http://www.active2030folsom.org

#8 bunny

bunny

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 07:04 PM

QUOTE (tigerlily6 @ Feb 13 2009, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Where do you get those? I love to be able to throw dusty things away.

Walmart and target sell them. I've used them for both semi-circle and narrow windows next to the door. Usually in a variety of colors...white, blue, red, yellow in several shades.

They come in super cheap paper varieties and a plasticized version that costs just a few dollars more. I had a white one of the plasticized variety for ~7 years and except for dusting it now and then it looked as good the day I sold the house as the day I bought it.

You buy them to a length the same or longer than the window you want to cover and cut with a razor to length, fan it and stick it. Done.

I'd hazard that unless someone got up there with a stepladder, that they wouldnt be able to tell the difference between it and a much more expensive window covering.

#9 bunny

bunny

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 07:07 PM

http://www.amazon.co...HRH7FS6JGY4N3FS

Looks like this brand has a paper and a fabric version.

#10 tigerlily6

tigerlily6

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 08:23 PM

Thanks. bought it. Looks too easy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users