• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#1 newsblaze

newsblaze

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Interests:News, computers, the garden, HFRA, bagpipes, Folsom.

Posted 07 February 2009 - 12:24 AM

Idiot drunk hits police car. Officer didn't run fast enough, was pinned between the cars. Should have jumped on the hood.

Folsom Police Officer Struck by Drunk Driver
Alan Gray
Read Folsom news at
http://folsomlocalnews.com
Support Our Troops, Read Their Stories
at http://newsblaze.com

#2 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 07 February 2009 - 08:34 AM

I'm glad the officer wasn't severely injured and hope he's back on the job soon.

I just do not get drinking and driving.
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#3 EDF

EDF

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,517 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 09:03 AM

She's lucky she didn't really hurt the guy...

twice the legal limit...? and she hits someone... ? I don't think this one is going to get plead down do you...?

#4 tsukiji

tsukiji

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts
  • Interests:Freedom. Family. Food. Funds.

Posted 07 February 2009 - 09:52 AM

QUOTE (EDF @ Feb 7 2009, 09:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
She's lucky she didn't really hurt the guy...

twice the legal limit...? and she hits someone... ? I don't think this one is going to get plead down do you...?

Pffff. With our enforcement history around here? You can apparently plow into people, putting them in a coma and in the hospital for months and get off scott free.

This case, the police officer walked away. She'll probably won't even get slapped on the hand.

Our area seems to just accepts DUI as life as usual. Might as well not even be a law against it. Digusting.

#5 fried chicken

fried chicken

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 10:05 AM

QUOTE (tsukiji @ Feb 7 2009, 09:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pffff. With our enforcement history around here? You can apparently plow into people, putting them in a coma and in the hospital for months and get off scott free.

This case, the police officer walked away. She'll probably won't even get slapped on the hand.

Our area seems to just accepts DUI as life as usual. Might as well not even be a law against it. Digusting.

kinda off subject, but are you talking about the girl from EDH? she didn't get off did she?

#6 Al Waysrite

Al Waysrite

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 10:26 AM

"And I thought all the idiots were men."

Nice quote for a "news" source. Are you sure you don't work for the Bee (oops in that case it would be a"ll the idiots were white conservative men")

#7 newsblaze

newsblaze

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Interests:News, computers, the garden, HFRA, bagpipes, Folsom.

Posted 07 February 2009 - 10:49 AM

QUOTE (Al Waysrite @ Feb 7 2009, 10:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"And I thought all the idiots were men."

Nice quote for a "news" source. Are you sure you don't work for the Bee (oops in that case it would be a"ll the idiots were white conservative men")

Hey, not fair.
Do you see that in any of that in my news reports?
Am I not allowed a personal comment once?
- and I am a white male, so I am obviously included in there.
Alan Gray
Read Folsom news at
http://folsomlocalnews.com
Support Our Troops, Read Their Stories
at http://newsblaze.com

#8 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 10:50 AM

QUOTE (newsblaze @ Feb 7 2009, 10:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey, not fair.
Do you see that in any of that in my news reports?
Am I not allowed a personal opinion once?

Don't worry about it---

He's been baiting people for over a week.

Well, actually--he's been baiting people since Chipshot got banned.

#9 Catsfun

Catsfun

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 10:57 AM

The woman that hit the cop last night is already out of jail this morning. I thought I read that the new DUI laws for 2009 meant staying in jail from 96 hours to 6 months minimum. Maybe this was the sentencing phase. So much for 2009 being zero tolerance when you can get out of jail the very next morning.

#10 aztransplant

aztransplant

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 02:54 PM

QUOTE (fried chicken @ Feb 7 2009, 10:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
kinda off subject, but are you talking about the girl from EDH? she didn't get off did she?

Woman Who Hit Cyclists Avoids Prison Term
Posted By: Mark Hedlund

PLACERVILLE, CA - The 19-year-old who was DUI when she hit and severely injured two women bicyclists in El Dorado Hills last summer has taken a plea bargain to keep her from going to state prison.

Brandi Thomas took the deal last week in a Placerville courtroom, pleading guilty to one count of driving under the influence and guilty to two enhancements of causing great bodily injury, according to her attorney, John Campanella.

Thomas was driving north on El Dorado Hills Boulevard in mid-morning on June 18, 2008, when she drifted into the bike lane and plowed into Kathi Sturgeon and Katherine Hurd from behind as they rode their bicycles. Both women were critically injured, with Sturgeon, 48, suffering head injuries and Hurd, 43, recovering from a fractured back.

"It's going to affect the remainder of their lives," said El Dorado County Deputy District Attorney Worth Dikeman. Sturgeon, he said, is still unable to return to work because of her injuries.

Despite the severe injuries, Dikeman said he also has to take into consideration the mitigating facts surrounding Thomas.

"She's young, she has no criminal record and she cooperated. She waited for police after it happened," said Dikeman.

Sturgeon and Hurd are both residents of El Dorado Hills and are members of the Bodacious Biking Babes cycling team, a women's group that bikes in various charity events. At the time of the crash, they were training for a 200-mile ride over two days in July from Seattle to Portland, according to friends.

Under terms of the agreement, Thomas will be sentenced to one year in El Dorado County jail and five years probation. A prison sentence of seven years will be suspended, according to her attorney. "She'll have that seven years hanging over her head if she does anything wrong," said Campanella.

Thomas will also be ordered to pay restitution but the amount hasn't yet been determined, according to Dikeman.

The criminal case was on the verge of going to trial when the plea agreement was reached. Thomas, also an El Dorado Hills resident, remains free on bail pending her formal sentencing.

#11 FolsomResident2002

FolsomResident2002

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 03:03 PM

I like to think she got off easy. She got a year in county jail instead of the seven years of PRISON so yeah...she got off!
QUOTE (fried chicken @ Feb 7 2009, 10:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#12 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 07:46 PM

http://www.news10.ne...p...433&catid=2

Folsom Cop Hit by Suspected Drunk Driver
Posted By: Jason Kobely 6 hrs ago

FOLSOM, CA - A Folsom police officer barely escaped serious injury Friay night when a suspected drunk driver crashed into a parked patrol car during a traffic stop, authorities said.

The crash happened after two Folsom police cars pulled over during a traffic stop along the 600 block of Riley Street around 10:45 p.m. Friday, according to Folsom police spokeswoman Michelle Beattie.

Beattie said the officer was standing outside one of the police cars and became concerned when he saw a vehicle approaching too closely. To escape being hit by the oncoming vehicle, the officer ran between the two police cars towards the shoulder of the roadway when the suspected drunk driver's vehicle crashed into the rear of one police vehicle, pushing it into the second.

The officer was pinned between the two cars and suffered injuries to his leg and hip. Beattie said the officer did not require hospitalization and was expected to make a full recovery.

Police arrested the driver, Jennifer Brown of Folsom, for felony DUI. Preliminary tests showed Brown, 55, had a blood alcohol content over twice the legal limit of .08 percent.

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#13 fojimo

fojimo

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 08:01 PM

QUOTE (Catsfun @ Feb 7 2009, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The woman that hit the cop last night is already out of jail this morning. I thought I read that the new DUI laws for 2009 meant staying in jail from 96 hours to 6 months minimum. Maybe this was the sentencing phase. So much for 2009 being zero tolerance when you can get out of jail the very next morning.

oh she aint done with her jail time yet. all she did was the holding cell and they let you out of there when you sober up. she has not been charged with her crime yet (innocent until proven guilty) but when she goes to court and they find her guilty in about a months time (depending on whether she lawyers up or not). she will then have to turn herself in for that 96 hours to 6 months jail time. since she injured someone it is no longer a misdemeaner dui it is a felony dui so she will definately do some time.

#14 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE (fojimo @ Feb 7 2009, 08:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
oh she aint done with her jail time yet. all she did was the holding cell and they let you out of there when you sober up. she has not been charged with her crime yet (innocent until proven guilty) but when she goes to court and they find her guilty in about a months time (depending on whether she lawyers up or not). she will then have to turn herself in for that 96 hours to 6 months jail time. since she injured someone it is no longer a misdemeaner dui it is a felony dui so she will definately do some time.

But this is where some of the unfairness in our judicial system kicks. She hurt a cop, the DA won't be nice, she's doing time, guaranteed. If that bicyclist had been an off-duty cop, I'm sure that sentencing would also have been different.
I would rather be Backpacking

#15 normajean

normajean

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 10:33 PM

after seeing her picture on the news this evening, my family and i believe jennifer brown is employed by the fcusd school district. she works at folsom middle school as some type of campus monitor, library assistant, cafeteria lady, etc, appears to be everywhere. kids know her as the "lady that walks around at lunch with a trash bag collecting cans".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users