• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#1 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 08:52 AM

Get this - even though the lake is filling up fast, they may drain it. A Stage IV water alert is very serious...

http://folsomtelegra...ail/108891.html

#2 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,588 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 19 March 2009 - 08:58 AM

It's ridiculous that in a time of drought our lake is still going to be used to flush the delta. We need our city leaders to step up and stop this madness,

From the article:
Water continues to be released from the lake, even during periods of the lake at record low levels.

Folsom is the first to be (used) to flush the Delta,” he said. “We don’t want to be tasked with fixing the problems the Delta has.

The council also heard from a water rights attorney who told them of some of the state’s Orwellian plans for the water behind Folsom Dam.

(The Delta Vision Plan calls to) release more from Folsom and Shasta and reallocate water supplies from existing uses to new uses without compensation,” said attorney Paul Berkowitz.

He said the direct impact on Folsom could be about one million acre feet of water, or the lake filled to the brim, drained completely and another 23,000 acre feet taken after it’s refilled. Now, that’s a lot of water.

The city recently passed a resolution seeking to retain control over any water it conserves. …

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#3 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 09:44 AM

I agree, the plan to dump water is a bunch of BS in my book. I find water management in this state is run by idiots. last year, we should have hit stage 2 long before the end of summer if anyone in water management had any brains. And now this year, before the end of the wet season they are talking about "flushing" the delta, I think we need to flush some water managers down the toilet.
I would rather be Backpacking

#4 rpo

rpo

Hall Of Famer

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 09:45 AM

Maybe a stage IV crisis is exactly what we need to get residents to conserve water in the future. We use so much more water than nearly any other city, and eventually we will have to use less. Let's get it over with now.

#5 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 09:49 AM

QUOTE (Bill Z @ Mar 19 2009, 10:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think we need to flush some water managers down the toilet.

With those stupid low-flow toilets, they'd probably get stuck.
"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#6 eVader

eVader

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 09:50 AM

QUOTE (rpo @ Mar 19 2009, 09:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe a stage IV crisis is exactly what we need to get residents to conserve water in the future. We use so much more water than nearly any other city, and eventually we will have to use less. Let's get it over with now.

they can start with the community and commercial landscaping that gets enough water to grow rice or at the minimum feel like a bog.

#7 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 10:05 AM

Let's just keep sending our water down river and lower the lake again.

I thought the dam was there to hold the water back and to retain water. I guess not...

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#8 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 10:08 AM

When they go to the Stage Four water alert, they will probably set everyone's water use at that time. Then when they start using the meters to charge for the water you use you will pay for anything used over the stage 4 water use. Just a thought.
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#9 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 10:24 AM

QUOTE (camay2327 @ Mar 19 2009, 11:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When they go to the Stage Four water alert, they will probably set everyone's water use at that time. Then when they start using the meters to charge for the water you use you will pay for anything used over the stage 4 water use. Just a thought.

Sssshshshhhhhhh.

Don't give them any ideas.

#10 Zanzan

Zanzan

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 10:59 AM

Speaking of water, when the hubby was heading to work at 6am yesterday morning, he noticed that our front hose was on. I haven't touched the hose since last fall, and he hadn't used it (he first thought, "did it get left on accidentally by one of us?"). The thing that the hose wraps around had been broken off the side of the house where it was semi-mounted. There was water running down the gutters. Anyway, some jerk-o used our hose the night before (we heard a strange noise about midnight and thought it was the cat), broke the mount, and left the water on and running ALL NIGHT LONG! Talk about a WASTE of water, not to mention some a-wipe was using OUR hose. What is up??Who does something like that? And why?

#11 tgianco

tgianco

Living Legend

• 4,152 posts
  • Interests:Baseball, soccer, football, poker, wine, good food, reading

Posted 19 March 2009 - 11:14 AM

When will we reach the warm, liquid goo stage?

Anyone remember The Bangles song, "Walk Like an Egyptian"?

After stage 4, it's going to be "Smell like a European."
In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

#12 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 11:23 AM

QUOTE (Zanzan @ Mar 19 2009, 11:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Speaking of water, when the hubby was heading to work at 6am yesterday morning, he noticed that our front hose was on. I haven't touched the hose since last fall, and he hadn't used it (he first thought, "did it get left on accidentally by one of us?"). The thing that the hose wraps around had been broken off the side of the house where it was semi-mounted. There was water running down the gutters. Anyway, some jerk-o used our hose the night before (we heard a strange noise about midnight and thought it was the cat), broke the mount, and left the water on and running ALL NIGHT LONG! Talk about a WASTE of water, not to mention some a-wipe was using OUR hose. What is up??Who does something like that? And why?

Not sure, but one guess, that late at night, could have been a drunk washing barf off of himself.

#13 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 11:24 AM

QUOTE (tgianco @ Mar 19 2009, 12:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When will we reach the warm, liquid goo stage?

Anyone remember The Bangles song, "Walk Like an Egyptian"?

After stage 4, it's going to be "Smell like a European."

That's so funny, it stinks like a skunk lmao.gif

#14 dlutz

dlutz

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 01:05 PM

Question to everyone.

It might be my imagination, but I seem to have noticed our water pressure going down a little over the last few months. Not that I mind, but could the city be limiting our usage this way? I've also noticed some air in the lines as well.

#15 eVader

eVader

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 02:56 PM

QUOTE (dlutz @ Mar 19 2009, 01:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Question to everyone.

It might be my imagination, but I seem to have noticed our water pressure going down a little over the last few months. Not that I mind, but could the city be limiting our usage this way? I've also noticed some air in the lines as well.

Hope you didnt watch The Unit tv show last Sunday (queue spooky music)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users