#1 M.E.G.

M.E.G.

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 10:58 AM

From the SacBee:

A Folsom police officer has been arrested on suspicion of drunken driving and battery.

Folsom police said they were called early Sunday to a restaurant on the 25000 block of Blue Ravine Road by a patron reporting that an an off-duty officer was drunk and had been involved in a fight with the caller.

Officer Evan Fardanesh, a nine-year veteran of the Folsom Police Department, was arrested. His blood alcohol later was found to be .19 percent, more than twice the legal limit.

The case against Fardanesh, 34, was submitted to the Sacramento County District Attorney's office. He is on paid administrative leave.

M.E.G.

Mechelle Reasoner (formerly Gooch)

Movin'...So You Can!

Morris Williams Realty

Call or txt: 916 955-8698,

Email me

Read my blog, search for homes, find out more about Folsom at FolsomCorner.com

#2 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 11:01 AM

Hmm, that'd be Mexquite or Abs Bar per my map.
"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#3 Darthvader

Darthvader

...of superior intellect

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 11:15 AM

QUOTE (M.E.G. @ May 7 2009, 11:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
From the SacBee:

A Folsom police officer has been arrested on suspicion of drunken driving and battery.

Folsom police said they were called early Sunday to a restaurant on the 25000 block of Blue Ravine Road by a patron reporting that an an off-duty officer was drunk and had been involved in a fight with the caller.

Officer Evan Fardanesh, a nine-year veteran of the Folsom Police Department, was arrested. His blood alcohol later was found to be .19 percent, more than twice the legal limit.

The case against Fardanesh, 34, was submitted to the Sacramento County District Attorney's office. He is on paid administrative leave.

M.E.G.

Quit bashing the FPD will ya.

...Saying what people are thinking but are afraid to say....

#4 (The Dude)

(The Dude)
  • Visitors

Posted 07 May 2009 - 11:30 AM

QUOTE (Darthvader @ May 7 2009, 12:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Quit bashing the FPD will ya.

no, this one deserves it for getting into a fight.

#5 jafount

jafount

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 12:30 PM

Agreed. STOOOOOPID.
We all dream of a world of sunshine and rainbows and peace. The problem is some people think this would be a great place to live, while others think it would be a great place to pillage.

#6 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 02:14 PM

Not at all behavior that should be expected from an officer. Very disappointing.

#7 MrsTuffPaws

MrsTuffPaws

Crazy Lady

• Premium Member
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 02:24 PM

Too bad. I met Officer Fardanesh once. He knocked on my door at 3am to tell me my car had been broken into. He seemed nice, and darn cute too.

I assume this means he'll be kicked off the force, right? If so, does it affect the proposed layoffs, or has that already happened?

#8 Darthvader

Darthvader

...of superior intellect

• Banned
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 02:40 PM

QUOTE (MrsTuffPaws @ May 7 2009, 03:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Too bad. I met Officer Fardanesh once. He knocked on my door at 3am to tell me my car had been broken into. He seemed nice, and darn cute too.

I assume this means he'll be kicked off the force, right? If so, does it affect the proposed layoffs, or has that already happened?

If he wasn't a good candidate before for layoff he may be now. I guess they don't have desk jobs anymore like they do in the movies huh?
...Saying what people are thinking but are afraid to say....

#9 tsukiji

tsukiji

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts
  • Interests:Freedom. Family. Food. Funds.

Posted 07 May 2009 - 03:27 PM

Devil's advocate -- how do we know the caller didn't initiate the fight?

Actions may be appropriate for the drunk driving but not sure if he was at fault for the fight. Maybe the stress of pending layoffs led to the drinking?

#10 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 03:29 PM

QUOTE (tsukiji @ May 7 2009, 04:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Devil's advocate -- how do we know the caller didn't initiate the fight?

Actions may be appropriate for the drunk driving but not sure if he was at fault for the fight. Maybe the stress of pending layoffs led to the drinking?

He didn't get arrested for the fight. He got arrested for operating a motor vehicle with a .19

#11 tsukiji

tsukiji

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts
  • Interests:Freedom. Family. Food. Funds.

Posted 07 May 2009 - 03:30 PM

QUOTE (mylo @ May 7 2009, 04:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He didn't get arrested for the fight. He got arrested for operating a motor vehicle with a .19

Yea, yea. I know. Just responding to the comments re: the fight aspect.

#12 Fowler

Fowler

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 05:51 PM

I don't want to get into a war of words with anyone, but just wanted to say that I've met Officer Fardanesh on multiple occasions at my work over the last quite a few years and he has always been very professional and polite. Clearly a bad decision on his part and I don't think anyone is suggesting leniency, but just keep in mind, law enforcement and firefighters are humans too. They have families to support just like everyone else does and most people don't have to worry about losing their job over a DUI. I do hope the judgment is fair by all standards.

#13 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE (Fowler @ May 7 2009, 06:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't want to get into a war of words with anyone, but just wanted to say that I've met Officer Fardanesh on multiple occasions at my work over the last quite a few years and he has always been very professional and polite. Clearly a bad decision on his part and I don't think anyone is suggesting leniency, but just keep in mind, law enforcement and firefighters are humans too. They have families to support just like everyone else does and most people don't have to worry about losing their job over a DUI. I do hope the judgment is fair by all standards.

Truckers, Paramedics, and Taxi drivers all lose their jobs over DUI. Sounds fair to me.

#14 irish1

irish1

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 07:15 PM

Hmmmm.... I was going to add to this post but then I flashed on the words once (typed), by one of our biggest L.E. supporters, and well, I think he spoke for all of us.....

"And if you believe everything you read in a Sacbee article then that is another problem altogether. I think this thread should end, the cops are always right and have justification, no need to question. Just move along, nothing to see here."

Hey, come on.... I couldn't pass it up...!!

#15 Sue

Sue

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 07:20 PM

I would hope he would get the same treatment as anyone else with the same record...nothing more and nothing less.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users