Photo
- - - - -

Need A Rough, Tough And Agressive Family Law Attorney Asap!

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 sarealtor

sarealtor

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 12:27 PM

Does anyone know of a law abiding yet rough and agressive family law attorney. Someone who has a lot of knowledge and experience! Thanks.

#2 Robert Giacometti

Robert Giacometti

There are no Dumb questions

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 12:59 PM

QUOTE (sarealtor @ Aug 10 2009, 01:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does anyone know of a law abiding yet rough and agressive family law attorney. Someone who has a lot of knowledge and experience! Thanks.

I'm sorry you need to find attorney for family law matters. Its lot less expensive and emotionally draining if you can find an attorney who can help you understand the law and one who can work with the other party to make a possible detoriating situation evolve into a working solution, whereby all parties can move forward.

#3 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 01:42 PM

QUOTE (Robert Giacometti @ Aug 10 2009, 01:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm sorry you need to find attorney for family law matters. Its lot less expensive and emotionally draining if you can find an attorney who can help you understand the law and one who can work with the other party to make a possible detoriating situation evolve into a working solution, whereby all parties can move forward.

Ditto. Rarely does being aggressive bring positive results that don't damage the family unit. Being defensive is a different matter and if you need to protect yourself or your children, there are ways to do that without being aggressive.

#4 (MaxineR)

(MaxineR)
  • Visitors

Posted 10 August 2009 - 02:54 PM

Too bad there isn't a group like the ones in the TV series "Leverage" or "Burn Notice".

I love those programs and often wish there were groups like them, to deal with the legal, yet highly unethical actions of those who take advantage of innocent people.

These TV shows point to the growing number of people who would love to see some sort of justice by groups like this, which our laws won't allow.

However, for the person having to deal with family problems brought on by divorce or other problems...the best action is no action that would aggravate things further. Let the ones who break the law, deal with the police. Makes no sense for both parties to get insane and do things they will regret later.

Find out what you can do legally, then proceed.

#5 MissMeliss

MissMeliss

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:A quick note about myself. I am 29 and a single mom. I have lived in Folsom for about 4 years now and wouldn't live anywhere else!! I am a very open person and do not get offended easily.

Posted 10 August 2009 - 03:10 PM

QUOTE (sarealtor @ Aug 10 2009, 01:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My neighbor just opened her family law practice in Folsom. I will get her information and post it on here when I get home

#6 EAH

EAH

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 03:57 PM

She's not cheap, but she's one of the best where children are concerned and she is TOUGH! She's in Sacramento;
Heather Tattershall.

#7 Agent_007

Agent_007

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 08:40 PM

you want the lawyers out as quickly and soon as possible. for the most part, all they do is eat money and kill time.

you're best to try to come to terms and be reasonable. you'll feel so much better in the long run.

trust me on this. i went through 5 divorces in the past 18 months. it ain't pretty.

#8 Folsom4evr

Folsom4evr

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE (Agent_007 @ Aug 10 2009, 09:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you want the lawyers out as quickly and soon as possible. for the most part, all they do is eat money and kill time.

you're best to try to come to terms and be reasonable. you'll feel so much better in the long run.

trust me on this. i went through 5 divorces in the past 18 months. it ain't pretty.

5 divorces in 18 months?? I hope you mean as a lawyer...

#9 mac_convert

mac_convert

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 10:30 PM

wow. . . me too or you need to learn to be more selective. smile.gif
QUOTE (Folsom4evr @ Aug 10 2009, 11:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#10 cw68

cw68

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,370 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 10:31 PM

No, not as a lawyer, but I can say that Agent007 earned his weight in gold during my divorce and it's advice he would have given my ex-spouse. It wasn't biased at all, just plain old good advice pertinent to the situation.

I met with Heather Tattershall. She's good and I personally liked her a lot. She's tough and I'd hate to be across from her during a divorce. That said, I couldn't pull the trigger and hire her even given her very knowledgeable stance and obvious skills. In my situation (and I think most) it was best to choose the path of least resistance for the most good. It was best for me, best for my kids and best for my family's future. This doesn't mean it was the path that got me the most money, custody, whatever -- it got me and my kids the best life. That's what is important and it can be hard to keep in mind when tension and emotions are high, but keep your eye on the big picture. Don't be dragged down by emotions of the day. Chin up.

#11 Agent_007

Agent_007

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 09:27 AM

no, i leave the arguing to the lawyers.

i advise on insurance and financial matters.

last year alone i helped 5 clients manage their issues through divorce. we never take sides and have no vested interest in the outcome except the client's well being (both of them).

sad to say, i have three new ones this year. it's rough times and people are cracking due to stress. it's only money. people need to see beyond that.

i wish you luck and a strong stomach. personally it's easier to be reasonable and negotiate your way through the mess than attack each other.

#12 EDH Jen

EDH Jen

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,852 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 01:20 PM

My ex-husband's attorney is a SOB, and knows the law and the judges inside and out. I wish I'd had that kind of representation. His name is C. Alexandre Barbera. I highly recommend him if you mean business. If what you want is a nice, amicable split, I do not recommend him.

#13 mem1

mem1

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 11:47 AM

I need the same but somebody ( I would prefer a woman) that is experienced advocating for the father and ex-husband in the situation

#14 7XtheFun

7XtheFun

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Interests:My kids and family<br />Swimming (my one true athletic love)<br />Sailing<br />Water Skiing<br />Oh . . . working on boats<br />Cycling<br />Baseball<br />Anthropology/Archaeology<br />Politics<br />Psychology

Posted 19 August 2009 - 01:07 PM

I happen to know a little about divorce attorneys. There are several here in town.

Joe Hoffman
Felix Poggemann
Erika Englund
Teresa Stanley
Robert Sedgwick

I would have no problem telling someone to hire any of these people.

People I like from all over the county, and who are assertive, include Joe Winn in Gold River, Donna DeCuir in Citrus Heights, David Martin in Sacramento, and Heather Tattershall in Sacramento. There are others, as well.

The biggest part of picking a divorce lawyer is making sure your personalities tolerate each other well. If your personality does not mesh well with your lawyer's, you can end up causing yourself trouble. Personality clashes between an attorney and a client can have a terrible effect on outcome.

And listen carefully to what your attorney says you CAN do, and compare it to what he or she says you SHOULD do. If your attorney simply states everything you CAN do without a well reasoned opinion of what you SHOULD do, consider looking elsewhere. In most cases, not everything that can be done should be done.
Good, fast, cheap. . .

Choose any two.

#15 spama

spama

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 08:33 PM

Didn't want to start a new thread b/c this one is pretty close to what I'm asking. My husband has hired Heather Tattershall. I need advice on who is best to go against her if it comes to trial. I'm hoping for not, but need to be prepared for a heated custody battle. Husband is a master manipulator, and liar, and very good at first iimpressions so I need someone that can see through it all and Heather's stuff too, from what it sounds like. I'm in Yolo County. Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users