Jump to content






Photo
- - - - -

Folsom Mixed Martial Arts - Kids?


  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 centralfolsom

centralfolsom

    Netizen

  • Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 12:45 PM

Has anyone taken their school age children to Folsom MMA on Natoma (at Coloma?). They offer a free class. Would like to hear if anyone has anything positive or negative to say. Front office seem very nice.

I need something more active for my son. Traditional Karate, etc... have not been a good match.

Mylo you suggested them before, do you know any kids who have gone there?


THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR FEEDBACK.

#2 Folsomdad

Folsomdad

    Veteran

  • Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 09:13 PM

QUOTE (centralfolsom @ Sep 17 2009, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Has anyone taken their school age children to Folsom MMA on Natoma (at Coloma?). They offer a free class. Would like to hear if anyone has anything positive or negative to say. Front office seem very nice.

I need something more active for my son. Traditional Karate, etc... have not been a good match.

Mylo you suggested them before, do you know any kids who have gone there?


THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR FEEDBACK.


We signed up my entire family. My wife 10 yo son, 7 yo daughter. We are all having a blast. The entire experience has been great. I have taken classes at other similar gyms and have not found them to be even in the ballpark.



#3 MrsTuffPaws

MrsTuffPaws

    Crazy Lady

  • Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,390 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 17 September 2009 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE (centralfolsom @ Sep 17 2009, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Has anyone taken their school age children to Folsom MMA on Natoma (at Coloma?). They offer a free class. Would like to hear if anyone has anything positive or negative to say. Front office seem very nice.

I need something more active for my son. Traditional Karate, etc... have not been a good match.

Mylo you suggested them before, do you know any kids who have gone there?


THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR FEEDBACK.

I'm curious to know what was it about traditional karate that was not a good match for your son?

#4 bv1016

bv1016

    All Star

  • Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • Location:Willowcreek/Briggs

Posted 17 September 2009 - 10:22 PM

My 11 yr old son goes there.. loves it. He likes jiu jitsu, kickboxing, he even takes cardio classes... he goes to the actual kids classes and the regular ones and he really likes the instructors. He's probably taken all the classes...

#5 centralfolsom

centralfolsom

    Netizen

  • Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 07:23 AM

QUOTE (MrsTuffPaws @ Sep 17 2009, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm curious to know what was it about traditional karate that was not a good match for your son?



He prefers more opportunities for movement, kicking, etc.. In a few of the Karate locations were tried the kids were required to wait in line for long periods, wait while the instructor spoke the parents... etc... [I am less interested in the "self-discipline" aspect, I am looking for a location with alot of continuous activity]

Sounds like MMA would be a great place


THANKS FOR ALL THE FEEDBACK!!!

#6 POConnor

POConnor

    Veteran

  • Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  • Location:Folsom, obviously
  • Interests:Wine, golfing, gardening, wakeboarding, wine, cooking, wine...hmmm did I mention I like wine?

Posted 21 September 2009 - 01:50 PM

Check out the Dojo behind am/pm on Woodmere and Folsom blvd. They have a Kids Fit Zone and have all kinds of activities for the kids.
I take cardio kickboxing there and it is a good workout for adults as well.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users