13 replies to this topic

#1 SunshineServices

SunshineServices

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 07:43 AM

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- A man was hit by a truck and killed in a hit-and-run outside a Folsom bar early Sunday.

Folsom police received a call at about 1:40 a.m. about a pedestrian who had been struck at City Slickers Sports Bar and Grill, 97 Natoma St., police said.

The vehicle was gone by the time officers arrived and found the man critically injured, police said. Folsom fire personnel declared him dead on the scene, police said. His identity has not yet been released.

Within 15 minutes of the first call, a woman called police to say that her father-in-law had been assaulted outside the bar. Officers went to the caller's home and found a vehicle that matched the description of the vehicle that witnesses said was involved in the hit-and-run.

The father-in-law needed medical attention and Folsom fire officials took him to a local hospital.

Police said they are investigating whether there was an argument between the dead man and the father-in-law.

Anyone with information about the case is asked to contact Folsom police at 916-351-3553.

http://www.kcra.com/...428/detail.html
When The Power Of Love Overcomes The Love Of Power The World Will Know Peace.

Jimi Hendrix

#2 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 09:58 AM

I wondered what all the sirens were last night. My dogs were going crazy.

#3 curiousity

curiousity

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 10:56 AM

I've been in that bar. I'm curious, did any of the bar patrons witness the events?

#4 newsblaze

newsblaze

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Interests:News, computers, the garden, HFRA, bagpipes, Folsom.

Posted 14 February 2010 - 01:10 PM

UPDATE
NewsBlaze has learned that the driver of the truck has fully co-operated with the police so far.

The driver of the truck is a 58 year old man who apparently has chronic heart problems. He was in fear for his life during the altercation in the parking lot.

Much more information here:
Collision Outside City Slickers Sports Bar and Grill Leaves One Dead

Alan Gray
Read Folsom news at
http://folsomlocalnews.com
Support Our Troops, Read Their Stories
at http://newsblaze.com

#5 curiousity

curiousity

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 03:51 PM

QUOTE (newsblaze @ Feb 14 2010, 01:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
UPDATE
NewsBlaze has learned that the driver of the truck has fully co-operated with the police so far.

The driver of the truck is a 58 year old man who apparently has chronic heart problems. He was in fear for his life during the altercation in the parking lot.

Much more information here:
Collision Outside City Slickers Sports Bar and Grill Leaves One Dead

Thanks for the additional info, that sounds like a possible explanantion. I'm still wondering if any bar patrons have come forward, because I know they can see outside, the place has large windows. I also wouldn't be surprised if the altercation started inside the bar.

#6 GFFmatt

GFFmatt

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 03:57 PM

QUOTE (SunshineServices @ Feb 14 2010, 07:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- A man was hit by a truck and killed in a hit-and-run outside a Folsom bar early Sunday.

Folsom police received a call at about 1:40 a.m. about a pedestrian who had been struck at City Slickers Sports Bar and Grill, 97 Natoma St., police said.

The vehicle was gone by the time officers arrived and found the man critically injured, police said. Folsom fire personnel declared him dead on the scene, police said. His identity has not yet been released.

Within 15 minutes of the first call, a woman called police to say that her father-in-law had been assaulted outside the bar. Officers went to the caller's home and found a vehicle that matched the description of the vehicle that witnesses said was involved in the hit-and-run.

The father-in-law needed medical attention and Folsom fire officials took him to a local hospital.

Police said they are investigating whether there was an argument between the dead man and the father-in-law.

Anyone with information about the case is asked to contact Folsom police at 916-351-3553.

http://www.kcra.com/...428/detail.html

Nothing good happens after midnight.

#7 curiousity

curiousity

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE (GFFmatt @ Feb 14 2010, 03:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nothing good happens after midnight.

That's not true, I get some of my best sleep after midnight

#8 newsblaze

newsblaze

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Interests:News, computers, the garden, HFRA, bagpipes, Folsom.

Posted 14 February 2010 - 11:01 PM

Another NewsBlaze update.

The Sacramento County Coroner’s Office has released the name of the previously unidentified person killed earlier this morning at City Slickers Sports Bar and Grill in Folsom. John Sandler, 44, of Sacramento was killed when he was stuck by a vehicle following an argument.

Folsom Police Major Accident Response Team (MART) is investigating the collision and the possible correlation to an argument involving the deceased and the driver of the truck. Investigators are asking for anyone with information about this collision to contact the Folsom Police Department at 916-351-3553.
Alan Gray
Read Folsom news at
http://folsomlocalnews.com
Support Our Troops, Read Their Stories
at http://newsblaze.com

#9 old soldier

old soldier

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 11:01 AM

"Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap." (Galatians 6:7 KJV) ...

#10 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 11:41 AM

QUOTE (old soldier @ Feb 15 2010, 11:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap." (Galatians 6:7 KJV) ...

Sooo, you're saying that because he kicked the guy in the head he deserved to be run over?

God's justice?

#11 Bill Z

Bill Z

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,795 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 12:25 PM

QUOTE (supermom @ Feb 16 2010, 11:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sooo, you're saying that because he kicked the guy in the head he deserved to be run over?

God's justice?

I wasn't there, so I can only speculate, but based on what I've read, I don't think the old guy purposefully sought out to run the anal orifice over, I think the old man was still in the trying to get away mode while the anal orifice was still trying to attack him and so the A-hole ended up getting runover because he didn't have the smarts to not go after a moving vehicle.

Yeah, in my mind if that is the scenario, then the man did reap his reward of what he had sown.
I would rather be Backpacking

#12 old soldier

old soldier

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 12:56 PM

QUOTE (Bill Z @ Feb 16 2010, 12:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wasn't there, so I can only speculate, but based on what I've read, I don't think the old guy purposefully sought out to run the anal orifice over, I think the old man was still in the trying to get away mode while the anal orifice was still trying to attack him and so the A-hole ended up getting runover because he didn't have the smarts to not go after a moving vehicle.

Yeah, in my mind if that is the scenario, then the man did reap his reward of what he had sown.

another thought from god on saturday evening' bully action

“Give, and it shall be given to you. For whatever measure you deal out to others, it will be dealt to you in return.”

#13 mylo

mylo

Mmm.. Tomato

• 16,763 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 12:59 PM

QUOTE (old soldier @ Feb 16 2010, 12:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
another thought from god on saturday evening' bully action

“Give, and it shall be given to you. For whatever measure you deal out to others, it will be dealt to you in return.”

Yeah, his cup, ahem, runneth over.
"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#14 Terry

Terry

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE (curiousity @ Feb 14 2010, 03:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for the additional info, that sounds like a possible explanantion. I'm still wondering if any bar patrons have come forward, because I know they can see outside, the place has large windows. I also wouldn't be surprised if the altercation started inside the bar.

City Slickers does have large windows on the front facing Natoma Street, but the incident occurred behind City Slickers in the back parking lot that is fenced off from the Stafford Street Apartments. On KOVR 13 Sunday evening, they reported that both men were inside City Slickers before the incident, the older man was pretty much a regular.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users