19 replies to this topic

#1 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:32 PM

http://itunes.apple....d382860626?mt=8

If you would like to get your forums "to go", this is a place you can do it! Include the forums, blogs, movie listings, maps, and more coming. Download the beta version today and give us feedback!

#2 MrsTuffPaws

MrsTuffPaws

Crazy Lady

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:40 PM

I'll give it a shot, but not sure I'd really use it over the full version in safari.

#3 FiscalConservative

FiscalConservative

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 08:01 PM

The question is "Why"? :wacko:

#4 eVader

eVader

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 08:39 PM

Downloaded if. See a few things to comment on but holding off til use it more. Adding landscape though would be a good improvement.

#5 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 08:54 PM

The question is "Why"? :wacko:

the bigger question is "why not?... small form factor usage is not going to decrease in the future, quite the contrary. Think 5 years from now... this is only our first go at it.

#6 That Guy

That Guy

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 08:14 AM

Android App!

Android App!

Android App!

What do we want?

Android App!

When do we want it?

When you get a chance!

#7 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 08:42 AM

We will have Android too - it's on our developers' radar -

#8 Darth Lefty

Darth Lefty

Disco Infiltrator

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,578 posts
  • Interests:Volunteer with a service club like Active 20-30, and you CAN make a difference!

Posted 24 August 2010 - 09:37 AM

I'll add to the "Why?" column because the mobile version of the site is already very ap-like
"I enjoy a bit of cooking, and this has always worried me. But it's OK. I only like it because it allows me to play with knives." - James May

Genesis 49:16-17
http://www.active2030folsom.org

#9 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 03:05 PM

I'll add to the "Why?" column because the mobile version of the site is already very ap-like

I have a method to my madness...

#10 MrsTuffPaws

MrsTuffPaws

Crazy Lady

• Premium Member
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 05:06 PM

OK - I poked around with it a bit here's some feedback that may or may not be helpful.

I'm not sure about the movies links. There are so so so many other movie apps out there, I'd never use it on TP.

Same with Yellow Pages. Who on earth would use it when there is google. Seems like a waste of prime menu button space.

The local coupons are nice, especially if you can just flash your iPhone, and not print them out. But you need dozens more of them.

It's a little confusing to know which forum I'm looking at. When I hit the forums button, I see the 3 main forums, and a bunch of local subforums. If I hit open topic, I would expect to be in Sacramento's open topic (since it says Sacramento Tomato Pages when it first loads) but I end up in Folsom's Open Topic (even though Folsom was listed as a subforum) I suppose I only know that because I use the website AND the app, otherwise I wouldn't know the difference. But I guess I'm saying that the website's forum structure and the app's forum structure ought to match.

Not sure what status updates are for when you tap the " at the top. But John and MSgt have a status update to announce to the world, I guess.

That's all I can really say about it.

Another vote for "Why" but I imagine you are going to expand your local empire to a global one, and we are just the guinea pigs you trifle with.

Edit: I suppose I should actually USE it for feedback, and not just look at it. I'll post with it later, to see how it goes.

#11 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 05:34 PM

great feedback, it's really what I am looking for. Keep it coming, gang.

#12 MrsTuffPaws

MrsTuffPaws

Crazy Lady

• Premium Member
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 05:35 PM

(using the app now )

Posting is easy. But finding this particular thread took a few extra clicks, err taps because the forum hierarchy doesn't quite seem the same.

I like the blog part. The map seemed silly at first, since google maps is already on iPhones by default, but since you have several communities in one app, it started to make more sense.

Color scheme is a little dreary still. If I were in charge, I'd make it more colorful but not cartoonish.

Ooooo. My posting got long and I can't scroll back up to see what I already wrote. That's kinda annoying. Might just be a fast reply issue though, not sure.

#13 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 09:04 PM

Maps will have more features in the future. Hold on tight for this.

#14 MrsTuffPaws

MrsTuffPaws

Crazy Lady

• Premium Member
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 02:49 PM

App crashes each time I try to look at a Sacramento blog entry.

Folsom blog entries are fine

#15 MrsTuffPaws

MrsTuffPaws

Crazy Lady

• Premium Member
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 06:01 AM

On that little " quick link button, it might be nice if New Content was changed to Active Threads (last 24 hours). Might be more useful that way.

I'm also not so sure about the Members link, both in the app and on the new website layout. Seems like you're just inviting spammers to message every member you've ever had with spam.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users