• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 tsukiji

tsukiji

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts
  • Interests:Freedom. Family. Food. Funds.

Posted 21 July 2011 - 08:52 PM

Really??? How do people NOT know that this is a bad, bad thing?????

I think she should be left in the car for a few hours and see how she's turns out.

I really, really, really hope that there is a big enough book to throw at her. A fine would not be even close to enough punishment.

A dog is a living creature, not some object. Stupid frickin people. Really, do people still not know this is a bad thing?

Can you tell this upsets me?

http://sacramento.cb...ies-in-hot-car/

#2 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 09:01 PM

Really??? How do people NOT know that this is a bad, bad thing?????

I think she should be left in the car for a few hours and see how she's turns out.

I really, really, really hope that there is a big enough book to throw at her. A fine would not be even close to enough punishment.

A dog is a living creature, not some object. Stupid frickin people. Really, do people still not know this is a bad thing?

Can you tell this upsets me?

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2011/07/21/woman-arrested-after-puppy-dies-in-hot-car/

How terrible!

It sounds like she is a very ignorant 21 year old child.

#3 EAH

EAH

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 09:25 PM

words can't do justice... what a terrible way for a loving and helpless pet to die.
I really hope someone locks her up in a black car on a 95 degree day and cracks the window 2 inches for a good hour or 2. Just to give her an inkling of what she did to that poor dog who was 1/20 of her size and never had a fighting chance.
Ignorant b#tch.

#4 MrsTuffPaws

MrsTuffPaws

Crazy Lady

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 09:54 PM

I'm flabbergasted that people do this. I just try to take solace that the pup is freed from a lifetime of living with an ignorant owner.

#5 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 22 July 2011 - 12:17 AM

People just don't think.

I was out to lunch with my CASA girl today and as we were leaving the restaurant noticed a dog in the car of a man who had just entered the restaurant. It was quickie food, so I waited two minutes to see if he was getting a to-go order. The dog was already panting at the crack in the window. We went back in the restaurant, only to find the man sitting down to eat his meal.

I asked if he realized that the temps inside the car could skyrocket, creating a very dangerous situation for the dog.

He said, "That's what I told her!" (I'm thinking..... told his wife, who then insisted he take the dog...???)

I asked, "Who is 'her?'" He says, "My dog. I told her it was going to be hot in the car, but she insisted on going."

I had some rather choice words for the man, and told him I was going to call the police. First he said, "Go ahead and call them." But then he quickly and begrudgingly brought his food to an outside table and yelled, "Fine! I'll get her."

His car was parked next to mine. I watched as he opened the door and started to put the leash on the dog. He continued yelling to me: "It's not that hot in here. Why don't you get in and see for yourself?"

What a nut job.
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#6 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 05:11 AM

I was out to lunch with my CASA girl today and as we were leaving the restaurant noticed a dog in the car of a man who had just entered the restaurant. It was quickie food, so I waited two minutes to see if he was getting a to-go order. The dog was already panting at the crack in the window. We went back in the restaurant, only to find the man sitting down to eat his meal.

I asked if he realized that the temps inside the car could skyrocket, creating a very dangerous situation for the dog.

He said, "That's what I told her!" (I'm thinking..... told his wife, who then insisted he take the dog...???)

I asked, "Who is 'her?'" He says, "My dog. I told her it was going to be hot in the car, but she insisted on going."

And therein lays the problem. Too many people think their dogs are actually human with the same capacity to reason & respond as a human would. They are unable to make the distinction between the dog & themselves. The dog is in charge, not the owner. There's even a whole, very successful, TV show dedicated to this!

#7 (The Dude)

(The Dude)
  • Visitors

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:23 AM

His car was parked next to mine. I watched as he opened the door and started to put the leash on the dog. He continued yelling to me: "It's not that hot in here. Why don't you get in and see for yourself?"

What a nut job.

Well done! I would have asked for him to get in the car and see for himself how hot it is, tell him to sit inside for one hour with only one window cracked open.

Ignorant people suck and should not be dog owners or animal owners of any kind.

I question his sanity

#8 olivia

olivia

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:53 AM

Well done! I would have asked for him to get in the car and see for himself how hot it is, tell him to sit inside for one hour with only one window cracked open.

I question his sanity

And too many of these people also have children!!!!

#9 tgianco

tgianco

Living Legend

• 4,152 posts
  • Interests:Baseball, soccer, football, poker, wine, good food, reading

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:23 AM

I question his sanity

Thanks for stepping in, Deb. I wish it had been me there, but, then again, that would have created a true police situation.
In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.

#10 Harold

Harold

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:31 AM

words can't do justice... what a terrible way for a loving and helpless pet to die.
I really hope someone locks her up in a black car on a 95 degree day and cracks the window 2 inches for a good hour or 2. Just to give her an inkling of what she did to that poor dog who was 1/20 of her size and never had a fighting chance.
Ignorant b#tch.

Hey, don't call her a b1tch, that's insulting to the puppy's true mother.

Call her an ignorant witch instead.
Where have all the flowers gone?
Posted Image

#11 (MaxineR)

(MaxineR)
  • Visitors

Posted 22 July 2011 - 02:23 PM

Thanks for stepping in, Deb. I wish it had been me there, but, then again, that would have created a true police situation.

Same here...I don't talk, I take action. Had I seen him seating down and eating in a restaurant as his dog suffered in the car, the police would have been called, right then and there.

I have no mercy for low life people who mistreat and endanger their pets or children.

That man will do the same thing the next time because he didn't suffer any consequences from this action. Had he been made to face the police and got a ticket, it might make him think twice the next time.

And there WILL be a next time with people like this.

#12 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 22 July 2011 - 02:55 PM

Same here...I don't talk, I take action. Had I seen him seating down and eating in a restaurant as his dog suffered in the car, the police would have been called, right then and there.

I have no mercy for low life people who mistreat and endanger their pets or children.

That man will do the same thing the next time because he didn't suffer any consequences from this action. Had he been made to face the police and got a ticket, it might make him think twice the next time.

And there WILL be a next time with people like this.

The problem is that by the time the police would have come out the man probably would have been done eating and would have been gone. I didn't feel like making the dog suffer by waiting that out, so I gave him a chance to get the dog out of the car. If I had called the police after he took the dog out of the car, they wouldn't have done anything. I'm all for action, too, but the action I took in this instance was the action necessary to protect the dog. If I had not known who the owner was I would have called the police immediately.
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#13 (MaxineR)

(MaxineR)
  • Visitors

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:08 PM

The problem is that by the time the police would have come out the man probably would have been done eating and would have been gone. I didn't feel like making the dog suffer by waiting that out, so I gave him a chance to get the dog out of the car. If I had called the police after he took the dog out of the car, they wouldn't have done anything. I'm all for action, too, but the action I took in this instance was the action necessary to protect the dog. If I had not known who the owner was I would have called the police immediately.

Your actions, are of course, logical, and and I wasn't trying to put them down.

However, calling the police here in Folsom has brought them within minutes, whenever I have called them. Now, I know we have cut back our police force here in Folsom, but feel they would make the extra effort if they knew a dog was in danger of dying. I would have called the police and then went to speak to the man...telling him he might save himeslef from getting into trouble, if he acted fast enough. The fact that he argued with you about the conditions in the car, tells me he needed to talk to police.

I feel so strongly about this, if I didn't know who the owner was, I would have taken direct action by bumping the car to maybe set off an alarm, notified the restaurant manager about the situation and ask they see who is the last few people who came in, and ask that they be notified that there has been a call to the police, regarding their pet in the car. Finally, I would actually try to break into that car to get the suffering animal out.

In the case of the puppy that died, I just wonder how many people walked past that poor puppy, suffering in that car, as it's owner shopped for hours. Why didn't anybody take any action? What if it had been a child?

Had someone taken the time to save this puppy, it could be going to a good home by now. But nobody wanted to get involved.

I applaud you on the action you took, but feel the pet's owner didn't feel it was dangerous for his pet to be in the hot car (per your story) and that he learned nothing and will probably do the same thing next time he takes the dog someplace.

Warning: to those who leave their dogs in the car....I get crazy when I see an animal suffering and will take immediate action against you by calling the police whenever I see it fit. Unless it is cold outside, your dog SHOULD NOT be left in the car, even if you crack the windows!

#14 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:18 PM

I think you're right, Maxine. I don't think this man learned anything or didn't want to learn anything. He's either stupid or cruel, which is exactly what I said to him! :lmaosmiley:

BTW, this didn't happen in Folsom.
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

#15 MikeinFolsom

MikeinFolsom

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:30 PM

To the lady that left her dog in the car......put her in the same car for the same amount of time. Just as she looks like she's going to pass out, revive her with fluids. When she starts feeling better, repeat the actions. Again and again and again......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users