• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 04:37 PM

Crane falls, injures 2 in Folsom

A crane fell and injured two people Saturday around 11 a.m. near Mercy Folsom.

The crane was being used to paint medical offices at 1625 Creekside Drive when it toppled over.

When the crane fell, it injured a woman and the crane operator. The woman is expected to survive, while the crane operator is listed in critical condition, said on-scene crews from the Folsom Fire Department.

The operator was air-lifted to another hospital for treatment.

// go to //

http://www.news10.ne...res-2-in-Folsom
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#2 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 05:45 PM

Crane falls, injures 2 in Folsom

A crane fell and injured two people Saturday around 11 a.m. near Mercy Folsom.

The crane was being used to paint medical offices at 1625 Creekside Drive when it toppled over.

When the crane fell, it injured a woman and the crane operator. The woman is expected to survive, while the crane operator is listed in critical condition, said on-scene crews from the Folsom Fire Department.

// go to //

http://www.news10.net/news/article/150967/2/Crane-falls-injures-2-in-Folsom

I hope they are both okay. The ambulance responding went by me on Oak Avenue Pkwy. I thought they were just bringing someone to Mercy.

#3 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 11:50 PM

Now that is ironic...

Hope they both recover.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#4 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 21 August 2011 - 08:16 AM

Now that is ironic...

Hope they both recover.

Unfortunately that means the operator's injuries were too substantial to be handled by Mercy Folsom. He was likely taken to a trauma center. I hope he recovers from his injuries.
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#5 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 08:59 AM

Unfortunately that means the operator's injuries were too substantial to be handled by Mercy Folsom. He was likely taken to a trauma center. I hope he recovers from his injuries.

Probably UC Davis.

#6 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 21 August 2011 - 09:25 AM

Probably UC Davis.

That would be my guess as well.
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#7 (MaxineR)

(MaxineR)
  • Visitors

Posted 21 August 2011 - 03:03 PM

Tragic!!!!

I guess one shouldn't walk under a crane? I know when I see one next time, I sure won't!

Seems with all the safety training and regulations on crane use in this state, it is highly unlikely a crane accident can happen. These days, anyway.

I wonder what the problem was that lead to two people to being injured.

I hope they both recover fully.

#8 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 03:21 PM

Looking at the photos, it appears that they were using plywood to drive on for stability. I would guess one tire went into the dirt and started the tipping. It doesn't take much for these things to go over. they are not a "crane" as indicated in the story, but rather a boom lift. You can rent one without any special training. I have seen scissor lifts (which just go straight up) tip on uneven ground, so I'm sure it wouldn't take much to exceed the limits on a boom. Lots of leverage there when extended.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#9 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 03:46 PM

The news report I saw last night said they were moving the crane while it was fully extended when it fell over.

#10 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • 8,361 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 03:52 PM

The news report I saw last night said they were moving the crane while it was fully extended when it fell over.

That's what I heard and evidently you're not supposed to move it when it is fully extended.
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

#11 mom2mnm

mom2mnm

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 08:42 PM

My husband unfortunately was at Mercy at the time with his mom who was taken by ambulance there earlier in the day.
Brother in law saw it go down and they all watched from Mercy as the heli landed and loaded up.

So tragic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users