Affordable-Housing Advocates Sue Folsom

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 06:29 AM

I wondered how long it would take before they sued us again.

Affordable-housing advocates sue Folsom

After the city of Folsom stopped requiring developers earlier this year to provide low-income units with every large residential project, housing advocates talked of filing suit.

It didn't take long.

Within months of the City Council's January vote, Legal Services of Northern California and the Public Interest Law Project sued the city on behalf of the Sacramento Housing Alliance to block the action.

// go to the below website for more //

http://www.sacbee.co...ocates-sue.html
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#2 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 01:23 PM

The day the state will subsidize me to live in Carmel or Pacific Grove is the day I support mandatory subsidized housing. Housing is not a "right." You want to live in a "better" neighborhood? Work hard, save your money and EARN it.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#3 Redone

Redone

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 02:23 PM

The day the state will subsidize me to live in Carmel or Pacific Grove

Del Mar works too, maybe Dana Point ?

#4 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 02:47 PM

Del Mar works too, maybe Dana Point ?

Maybe Napa?

#5 Redone

Redone

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 03:18 PM

Maybe Napa?

Just want frontage on the Pacific Ocean,,,, my share of it.

#6 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 03:24 PM

I totally agree. In that case, skip Dana Point (houses on cliffs have drawbacks) and go for Beach Road right next to Doheny Beach:)

#7 olivia

olivia

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 03:37 PM

I'll take something around Half Moon Bay or Mendecino.

#8 momof1

momof1

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 04:45 PM

I want to live in that stone mansion on Lake Tahoe shore.

it' not affordable for me, so the government should pay for me to live there. :)

Posted Image

#9 Chris

Chris

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,857 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 05:12 PM

Want to live in Folsom...? Work the midnight shift in a hotel at SFO while you're a senior in high school.... Then go to college while you work three jobs for seven years or so..... Graduate, work the midnight shift in a lab for another 13 years and maybe you can afford a house here....? It's really that simple and easy....! I wonder why these "progressive" and "smart" lawyers can't see that...? No more free passes please, those of us who worked really hard to live here have had enough.....! Chris

1A - 2A = -1A

#10 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 7,155 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 07:12 PM

I've worked in Dana point, La Jolla, Pacific Palisades, Beverly Hills, etc. best place I have seen...skip Carmel, I want to live in Hope Ranch.
Private beach, minimum 2 acre lots...ocean views...awesome climate.
So how many of you taxpayers are willing to make up my shortfall of around 11 million?

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"Society in every state is a blessing, but Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one" — Thomas Paine, 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦 (1776)

#11 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 07:42 PM

I've worked in Dana point, La Jolla, Pacific Palisades, Beverly Hills, etc. best place I have seen...skip Carmel, I want to live in Hope Ranch.
Private beach, minimum 2 acre lots...ocean views...awesome climate.
So how many of you taxpayers are willing to make up my shortfall of around 11 million?

I can't make up the shortfall, but I would happily live in your dog house in exchange for yard work services.

#12 (MaxineR)

(MaxineR)
  • Visitors

Posted 05 September 2011 - 10:40 PM

When are these people going to grow up and stop trying to get everything they want?

I can't stand this Nanny attitude of theirs!!!! :cuss3:

#13 (The Dude)

(The Dude)
  • Visitors

Posted 06 September 2011 - 07:01 AM

When are these people going to grow up and stop trying to get everything they want?

I can't stand this Nanny attitude of theirs!!!! :cuss3:

Your statement needs to be rephrased as follows:

When are these people going to grow up and stop demanding everyone else give them everything they want?

I would like to counter-sue these people for wasting our tax dollars on legions of lawyers to fight BS lawsuits like this. I demand 10 million dollars.

Kinda make ya wonder if maybe lawyers are the ones instigating this so they can make bank on all the BS lawsuits?

#14 Harold

Harold

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 07:28 AM

"Kinda make ya wonder if maybe lawyers are the ones instigating this so they can make bank on all the BS lawsuits?"

Winner winner, chicken dinner.

We need tort reform, real tort reform, something that will make lawyers pay for taking & filing BS lawsuits.
Where have all the flowers gone?
Posted Image

#15 tony

tony

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 05:57 PM

OK, somebody's got to take the bait. The law suit is about whether the city's policy is in compliance with state law, which requires that a certain percentage of housing be "affordable", to people of several defined income groups. if y'all don't like the law, you're welcome to try and change it. But the question at hand is whether our city council, by repealing the inclusionary housing ordinance they passed in response to the last law suit over compliance with the same law, violated said law. I don't happen to know the answer to that, but one has to question if our city council really thought they could abandon the law passed specifically to settle the last suit without bringing on another one.

Am I the only one that thinks that blaming the inclusionary housing ordinance for the lack of new home development in Folsom is missing a rather large pachyderm in the yet-to-be-constructed living room? Could it possibly be that the 100s of foreclosed houses on the market and the worst housing market in decades might be putting a damper on housing construction in the area? Seems to me that this might just have something to do with the approval of entitlements for some 3500 acres on the other side of Hwy 50 (if you don't have to set aside 15% of land (or whatever the amount is) for affordable housing, all that ranch land will be worth just a little bit more to the current owners when it gets entitled).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users