#1 traceyl

traceyl

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:25 PM

http://www.sacbee.co...rs-to-open.html

Anyone every shop at one of these? Seems like a dollar-type store.

#2 MrsTuffPaws

MrsTuffPaws

Crazy Lady

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:46 PM

http://www.sacbee.com/2011/10/17/3986074/wise-buys-liquidators-to-open.html

Anyone every shop at one of these? Seems like a dollar-type store.

I went to the one in Roseville once or twice, I bought a yoga mat there. It is like a dollar-type store, except it's all 10-30 dollars. It's been a while since I was in one, but I remember lots of Seen-on-TV stuff, lots of storage bins, clothing, and seasonal stuff.

Kinda fun to browse through, but not a destination store, I guess it's more like a cheaper Tuesday Morning than an expensive Dollar Tree. I'm not particularly excited that it's coming to town, but I'll probably stop in once or twice a year.

Do you know the location?

Edit: nevermind, RTFA, it's going to be in the Walmart Center, where Office Max is, on Riley.

#3 mando

mando

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 04:12 PM

Office Max is gone?

#4 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 04:25 PM

Office Max is gone?

Not as far as I know. It was there last week.

#5 stacycam

stacycam

blah blah blah

• Premium Member
  • 2,154 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 06:47 PM

The article says it will be closing. It sounds like by the end of the year.

#6 mac_convert

mac_convert

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 06:49 PM

The article says it will take over the building at the end of the year. I guess that means Office Max is going out of business or moving. I hope it is just moving because I hate to see even more people lose their jobs.

Not as far as I know. It was there last week.

#7 ducky

ducky

untitled

• Premium Member
  • 9,115 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 07:31 PM

The article says it will take over the building at the end of the year. I guess that means Office Max is going out of business or moving. I hope it is just moving because I hate to see even more people lose their jobs.

Thanks. I had no idea they were leaving. I'd rather have Office Max than a store selling more stuff you don't really need, but I guess they must not be doing well there.

#8 knittychick

knittychick

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 07:48 PM

I hate to hear of another business closing/leaving our city, however, I did wonder how Folsom could support Office Depot, Staples and Office Max along with the overlap of products from stores like Costco, Sam's and Best Buy.
"Peace is always beautiful." - Walt Whitman

#9 old soldier

old soldier

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 01:29 PM

with the economy the way it is, old soldier enjoys a trip to the dollar store the way rich folks might like a day at nordstroms

#10 Chad Vander Veen

Chad Vander Veen

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 11,209 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:30 PM

with the economy the way it is, old soldier enjoys a trip to the dollar store the way rich folks might like a day at nordstroms

Ugh - the dollar store is like the horribleness of Wal Mart distilled.
Posted Image

#11 folsomrose

folsomrose

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 04:38 PM

I went into the one in Citrus Heights once last year. Everything is $9.98 or less. I wasn't impressed and walked out empty handed. The merchandise seemed cheaply made and it wasn't well organized. I guess if you had a lot of time and wanted a treasure hunt you might find something.

#12 MrsTuffPaws

MrsTuffPaws

Crazy Lady

• Premium Member
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 05:01 PM

I went into the one in Citrus Heights once last year. Everything is $9.98 or less. I wasn't impressed and walked out empty handed. The merchandise seemed cheaply made and it wasn't well organized. I guess if you had a lot of time and wanted a treasure hunt you might find something.

Is it really 9.98 or less? For some reason I remember it being 9.98 and more. I guess you're right though, I just looked at their website. http://wisebuysliquidators.net/

#13 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 06:11 PM

My wife said she's been to one, it's like Stupid Prices in Roseville.

#14 asbestoshills

asbestoshills

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 08:38 AM

This store is crap. Just another cheap import store. This store plus Steinmart aren't the best fit for Folsom in my opinion. If you are going to have cheap junk at least have a 99Cent store, our dollar store has gone down hill, if that's possible:)
Also, if anyone has been down south to la lately, you will see Folsom's future if our leaders don't stop letting any kind of business locate here. Tons of strip mall stores, haircut places,pizza places, donut shops, cupcake shops, liquor stores, non-name brand dollar stores etc....If you want Folsom to look like this, just keep letting these stores flourish. Most of these close in 5 years. Look at all the restaurants, hair-cut places and small businesses that can't make it here. It's pretty sad when we have temporary Halloween stores and a bunch of Tuesday Morning type stores but no bookstore. I think Folsom is really letting in stores that are of little value to our community. How many of you like Steinmart, Tuesday Mornings or Wise Guys? I know I don't. How about a Macy's, Nordstrom or Hollister or APPLE store? How about a store that isn't just a Ross type store with semi-used items.
Americans, don't just come in one color or race.

#15 doj_gal

doj_gal

MyFolsom's Back at it Kid!

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 09:15 AM

Wise buys does have a bunch of junk but there are some good things there too. It was good last year to get some inexpensive Christmas decorations for work...I even found a few to go with the stuff I had for home.

I love the dollar store. It's great for work party supplies and little trinkets that I give away at my son's birthday parties and stocking stuffers for my son, neice and nephew. I try not to buy paper plates and cups at regular stores because they are beyond expensive and I can get them at the dollar store. I do not understand why people will pay so much more for something that they can get for much less and honestly for the most part, the value is not that much different. I guess I just try to save money where I can and I am not willing to pay $4.00 for something that I can get for $1.00.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users