29 replies to this topic

#1 granto

granto

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:46 PM

Business Journal had an article about Green Acres taking over the Circuit City building for their 3rd site. They are also creating a corporate office on Sutter street. The Store will open in March.

#2 Barb J

Barb J

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:58 PM

What us Green Acres?

Barb

#3 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 08:11 PM

Green Acres Nursery & Supply

Green Acres signs 10-year lease on store in Folsom

Here's the official website: http://www.idiggreenacres.com/

#4 Barb J

Barb J

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:19 PM

Aha! Awesome! That Is a great fit for that location!!

Barb

#5 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 09:30 PM

Are there any other nurseries around Folsom? Where do you all go for trees, shrubs, yard stuff now?

#6 MrsTuffPaws

MrsTuffPaws

Crazy Lady

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 10:37 PM

Are there any other nurseries around Folsom? Where do you all go for trees, shrubs, yard stuff now?

Home Depot, Lowes and OSH. There's a nursery on Douglas in Granite Bay, and at Madison/Sunrise in Citrus Heights. I think those are the 2 closest true nurseries.

Also, the article in the OP said Green Acres would open in May, not March.

#7 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:59 PM

This is great news. Folsom hasn't had its own nursery since Dam Nursery closed. While the nursery departments at big box stores are suitable for some very basic things, the quality and diversity just isn't there. We end up Bushnell Gardens in Granite Bay or at Capital Nursery in Citrus Heights. It will be great to have a local option!
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#8 AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

AMETHYST PRODUCTIVITY

Living Legend

• No Politics!
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 03:01 PM

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! I won't have to drive to their Roseville store anymore. :-)

Kimberly Purcell
Productivity Consultant - Amethyst Productivity

#9 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 03:09 PM

Isn't there a nursery on Green Valley Rd, somewhere near Sophia Parkway? Or is that one of the "non true" nurseries?

#10 EAH

EAH

Superstar

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 07:42 PM

Isn't there a nursery on Green Valley Rd, somewhere near Sophia Parkway? Or is that one of the "non true" nurseries?

Over priced and VERY limited supply. I am thrilled to have Green Acres moving in. I ususally head down to Talini's in East Sac, or the Roseville Green Acres. It's right next door to Whole Foods in Roseville, check it out!

#11 momof1

momof1

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 07:55 AM

This is great news. Folsom hasn't had its own nursery since Dam Nursery closed. While the nursery departments at big box stores are suitable for some very basic things, the quality and diversity just isn't there. We end up Bushnell Gardens in Granite Bay or at Capital Nursery in Citrus Heights. It will be great to have a local option!

I agree, I used to go to the Dam Nursery a lot and missed it when it closed. Over by Costco won't be as convenient for me, but it will be more convenient than Bushnell Gardens, and being close to the freeway, hopefully it will attract enough out of town business to stay in business.

#12 MrsTuffPaws

MrsTuffPaws

Crazy Lady

• Premium Member
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:43 AM

I agree, I used to go to the Dam Nursery a lot and missed it when it closed. Over by Costco won't be as convenient for me, but it will be more convenient than Bushnell Gardens, and being close to the freeway, hopefully it will attract enough out of town business to stay in business.

The article said they signed a 10 year lease, so I think they're in it for the long haul. (at least, 10 years sounds like a long time to me)

#13 momof1

momof1

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 09:22 AM

The article said they signed a 10 year lease, so I think they're in it for the long haul. (at least, 10 years sounds like a long time to me)

I agree their intent is for the long term, but if they are losing money, you think they won't break the lease? Negative cash flow won't likely go on for 10 years just because there is a lease.

#14 SacKen

SacKen

Lifer

• Premium Member
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 02:05 PM

I thought Strikes was signed-up to go in there?
"Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!" -- George Carlin

#15 aztransplant

aztransplant

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:18 AM

Where do you all go for trees, shrubs, yard stuff now?

Folwer Nurseries in Newcastle for bare root trees: http://www.fowlernur....com/index.html (click on the link for backyard trees and you will see all the varieties of almonds, apples, apricots, asian pears, cherries, nectarines, plums, peaches, and pears.

4 Winds Growers in Winters for citrus: http://www.fourwinds...trus-trees.html

If we were to buy shrubs, flowers, etc., which we haven't, Bushnell is closer for us than the new Four Acres will be. But, I'm sure we'll check 'em out when they move in. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users