• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 03:13 PM

So the season is upon us - let us know what the best neighborhoods are for Christmas lights. I'll start...

our neighborhood (Fratis St) is consistently one of the better streets - lights on many houses. Nothing to write home about, but it's pretty to see a lot of houses. I have been driving around have been disappointed with Praire Oaks and Willow Springs this year. You'd get 1 or 2 houses here and there, but no consistency.

#2 momof1

momof1

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 04:42 PM

So the season is upon us - let us know what the best neighborhoods are for Christmas lights. I'll start...

our neighborhood (Fratis St) is consistently one of the better streets - lights on many houses. Nothing to write home about, but it's pretty to see a lot of houses. I have been driving around have been disappointed with Praire Oaks and Willow Springs this year. You'd get 1 or 2 houses here and there, but no consistency.

My house,

OK, not really.

There is a court in Lexington Hills, don't remember the name of it, but I can drive around lost and usually find it. There is jagayman's house, he has the lights sychronized to TSO music. Dovewood Ct in Orangevale is always great.

#3 mikat

mikat

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 05:10 PM

"I have been driving around have been disappointed with Praire Oaks and Willow Springs this year. You'd get 1 or 2 houses here and there, but no consistency. "

Hey, its only November. Give people a break. :D: :-) We don't live in those neighborhoods, but my husband is still working on his new creations for this year and repairing old creations. Hopefully we will be up and running this weekend. :2thumbsup: :rudolph:

#4 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 06:39 PM

True, I guess I'm anxious to see lots of lights!
At least on my street, it seems more houses with lights puts pressure on others too!

#5 HappyDaisy

HappyDaisy

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:25 PM

At least on my street, it seems more houses with lights puts pressure on others too!

Yes it does! Especially when someone who shall remain nameless (John) is up on their roof on Wednesday ;-) It's okay though. If there wasn't a little pressure, the hubby would put it off. Something about a fear of heights, the ladder, yada, yada, yada!

I have to agree though... When the Fratis houses are done, it does look really pretty when you turn off Stewart by the school.

#6 Mike Breton

Mike Breton

• Registered Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 09:53 AM

We're doing our light show again.
Breton Lights!
35,000 lights sequenced to music.
We are collecting nonparisable food for Twin Lakes Food Bank.

Please come by, support Twin Lakes, and enjoy the lights.

156 Buckingham Way

http://bretonlights.com

http://facebook.com/bretonlights

-Mike

#7 stacycam

stacycam

blah blah blah

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,154 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 04:04 PM

There is a court in Lexington Hills, don't remember the name of it, but I can drive around lost and usually find it.

Ledgemont Court. It is kind of funky to find. I think it's near Prewett, and then a couple more turns.

#8 FolsomEJ

FolsomEJ

All Star

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 08:15 PM

Breton Lights!

156 Buckingham Way

-Mike

Nicely done - we stopped by tonight. Very nice!

#9 jetgirl2000

jetgirl2000

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 08:02 PM

There is a house on Hildebrand Cir. in Empire Ranch. They have a TON of Disney theme character cutouts and alot of really nice lights.

#10 Tamara Morales

Tamara Morales

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 11:31 AM

Does anyone know if there will be any luminaries in Folsom neighborhoods this year? If so when and where please. Thanks you!

#11 olivia

olivia

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 07:00 PM

http://www.LightsOfT...com/Default.asp

:santa: :xmastree: Check out this site for Folsom lights and beyond. :xmastree: :santa:

#12 Harold

Harold

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 09:26 AM

Does anyone know if there will be any luminaries in Folsom neighborhoods this year? If so when and where please. Thanks you!

Briggs Ranch and surrounding neighborhoods on Christmas Eve.
My candles and bags were delivered last night. Now I'm hoping for a foggy Christmas Eve. The glow of the Luminary in the fog is awesome.
Where have all the flowers gone?
Posted Image

#13 mikat

mikat

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 11:21 AM

Not sure if I copied this link correctly. We'll see.
If not, the video can be found on YouTube with the title of: Christmas Lights Hillswood drive

Our light display is a little different from most displays. Clearly not as complicated and extensive as those that have the lights coordinated with music. But it fits us. As with most Christmas light displays, they are better in person than on video.

#14 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 07:34 PM

Breton Lights!

156 Buckingham Way

-Mike

My wife, adult son and I went out tonight to see the light display at 156 Buckingham Way.

You have a great display and we tuned in to the music on the radio and it was great.
We forgot about the food for the Twin Lakes Food Bank so we may stop by tomorrow sometime
to put some in your box. If not we will donate directly to Twin Lakes Food Bank.

Thanks for the great display.
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users