• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 AlijahsMommy

AlijahsMommy

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, networking with other small businesses, outdoor and community events

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:21 AM

I recently started a housekeeping business. So far, business is running well and smooth. However, I would like to fill my schedule completely by the end of summer. So, I am asking some questions for marketing purposes on various community websites that I belong to. I currently have an ad running on this website (myFolsom.com) and would REALLY appreciate anyone who would take a few minutes out of their day to respond to these super quick questions:

-What promotional offer would make you consider hiring a housekeeper? ie., 50% off first cleaning, etc.

-Where would YOU look (online, newspaper, etc.) if you were interested in hiring someone? Or where did you look if you have a current housekeeper?

Responses GREATLY appreciated.

Hansen's Housekeeping
Samantha Hansen
916-761-6224
Email me
www.facebook.com/hansenshousekeeping

Attached Files

Samantha Hansen
Hansen's Home Services
Call or text: 916.761.6224

https://www.facebook.com/Hansenshomeservices
hansenshomeservices@gmail.com

#2 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 08:05 PM

I would have to know what the base prices were in order to determine if 50% off was a good deal.
I would personally prefer a reasonable rate all the time vs a one shot intro discount.
I would personally like to see the same reasonable rate for all services, including infrequent jobs.
I would also like to know if you are the only cleaner, or if you have people working for you.
I would like to hear/read verifiable testimonies...perhaps someone on myfolsom....not that I necessarily trust everyone's opinions on myfolsom, but since you are advertising here, that's a good place to start.
if I was looking to hire someone, it would be based on a " word of mouth" recommendation. I would never hire from the phone book, or Internet ad.
I would like to meet my potential housekeeper in person, talk & walk thru my house to discuss my needs.
If I hired someone I did not know, they would need to come during hours I am at home, at least until I felt comfortable letting them in my house when I'm not present. I can't guarantee that will ever happen unless I know you personally. So, would you work flexible hours (I.e., evening or weekends)?
I do not currently have a housekeeper, but if I did, I'd hire my ex-roommate. I am still trying to get her up here to help me with some very specific jobs. I don't need weekly help, just some specific things I don't have time to do...quarterly jobs.

that's it for starters

#3 (The Dude)

(The Dude)
  • Visitors

Posted 31 July 2012 - 08:12 PM

I recently started a housekeeping business. So far, business is running well and smooth. However, I would like to fill my schedule completely by the end of summer. So, I am asking some questions for marketing purposes on various community websites that I belong to. I currently have an ad running on this website (myFolsom.com) and would REALLY appreciate anyone who would take a few minutes out of their day to respond to these super quick questions:

-What promotional offer would make you consider hiring a housekeeper? ie., 50% off first cleaning, etc.

-Where would YOU look (online, newspaper, etc.) if you were interested in hiring someone? Or where did you look if you have a current housekeeper?

Responses GREATLY appreciated.

Hansen's Housekeeping
Samantha Hansen
916-761-6224
Email me
www.facebook.com/hansenshousekeeping

I always check here first for local businesses, for promotional items an idea might be a 2 for 1 session dealio or something like that. 50% off is probably a great deal depending on your pricing. Do you have a website we can check out to find out more info?

#4 AlijahsMommy

AlijahsMommy

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:Cooking, networking with other small businesses, outdoor and community events

Posted 31 July 2012 - 08:40 PM

I'm thinking of getting a website done by one of the administrators of this site. But as for now, I have a business page on Facebook, with all my information as well as coupons. I have an ad out for 25% off a first clean. Maybe I should up that to 50%. I think I would be drawn to that. My Facebook page is here.

I appreciate both of your answers.
Samantha Hansen
Hansen's Home Services

#5 caligirlz

caligirlz

Living Legend

• 3,163 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:04 PM

I thought you had a website, in addition to your facebook page....I thought for sure you referenced it in another post. I know I looked at one that I thought belonged to you. hmm...can't find it. Maybe I looked at the yelp & FB. I can't remember now.

#6 AlijahsMommy

AlijahsMommy

Netizen

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:14 PM

I do have a yelp listing as well. It is here. No website yet, still debating it because there's not too much I can put on a website besides a few pictures. Quotes can't generally be given because I need to see the home. I'm still pondering the idea.
Samantha Hansen
Hansen's Home Services

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users