47 replies to this topic

#1 nomad

nomad

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,548 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:16 AM

Come back from vacation and find a dead baby in your yard??? What a horrible story.

http://www.kcra.com/...y2/-/index.html

#2 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 01:55 PM

I wonder what kind of condition the mother is in. The story doesn't really state if this is a full term baby. Why the backyard of that house?
Rest in peace little baby.

#3 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:14 PM

bugging me.

#4 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:44 PM

Is there a teen age girl living in the house?

Or next door?
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#5 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:00 PM

More::

http://www.ksdk.com/...fornia-backyard
A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#6 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:06 PM

This report says that they had a daughter around 18 years old...

http://sacramento.cb...their-backyard/

#7 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:32 PM

My initial thought when I heard this story was a dog dug up an old skeleton; or whoever was illegally house sitting found a quiet place to stay for a while and had a "surprise" birth in the toilet or pool.

But I saw a google pic of the house and easily someone could have hidden in the greenery of that back yard.

Those houses are well off the beaten track. Very odd place to leave a body.

#8 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 02:20 PM

Anyone hear any more on this matter? I have been checking the
news but I have seen nothing else.

#9 mac_convert

mac_convert

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:13 PM

KCRA News just reported the baby was a girl and had been alive for 15 hours before she died. The report also listed a name for the mother and father. The pair didn't share a last name. They didn't have any other information because the investigation is ongoing and have yet to determine if there has been a crime.

#10 chris v

chris v

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:36 PM

How could there not have been a crime. A baby dead or not was left in someone's yard.

#11 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:31 PM

let's just suppose a frightened teenager gave birth, alone, frightened, ashamed, and didn't know what to do. and the baby didn't make it for whatever reason. and the girl panicked and fled. very sad for every one.

kids make stupid mistakes. I suspect the mother meant no harm and will carry this burden and shame for the rest of her life, no matter what direction the law takes it. I'm not one to judge, so I'm going to mind my own business.
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#12 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:00 PM

http://www.kcra.com/...ny/-/index.html

Well, the mother of the child shares the same last name as the homeowners; however the media is unwilling to comment on whether or not she is related to the homeowners.

Sadly; this poor baby was left to rot on a back porch or back yard for several of the hottest days in summer while someone had knowledge of her existence. Born or not born. There had to have been people who knew the time was near.

You can be sensitive and say it isnt your business; but that is just bs. That parent had a duty to get herself to a hospital; and she definitely had a duty to get that baby medical care after birth. and she definitely had a duty to report the baby's death.

How awful, leaving that to the "homeowners", to do. More than likely they walked up to the gruesome rotting remains of their grandchild.

I wonder if that is why the homeowners came home.

This sounds so very tragic. I wonder if this "mother" was mentally challenged. How else could someone knowingly do something like this?

I also doubt she is 18. A quick google shows a person with the same name was a freshman at FHS in 2006 on the track team. If this is the same person, then she is 20.

#13 4thgenFolsomite

4thgenFolsomite

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • 5,979 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:13 PM

so are you going to have your pound of flesh and make her pay? good for you!
Knowing the past helps deciphering the future.

#14 supermom

supermom

Supermom

• Premium Member
  • 10,225 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:57 PM

so are you going to have your pound of flesh and make her pay? good for you!

No. I got my info from the news; just as ou did. Tell me, why are you taking this so personally? Was this your baby that died? Was this you sister, grandchild, or niece that was found abandoned?

Oh, wait..you think I'm taking a pound of flesh from the people who made and abandoned this small little ball of human flesh and lost hope?

No, I'm not condemning the parent for murder. Just...sigh..the lack of wherewithal in planning for 9 months- and for walking away. This child was 15 hours old. That means that for 15 hours, the parent had an opportunity to go to a safe house (firestation) or call 911 ( I don't know, was she afraid of being billed?), or walking into an emergency room and and asking if a common live post-birth exam could be done. The mother would have needed an exam as well.

Maybe something more insidious than a case of stupid being followed on the heels of SIDS took place that day. Though I think we may never know just how the baby died. I suppose Sids is the most logical jump in conclusions, Maybe there was a physical, mental, or chemical reason why that parent did not get to a hospital and give birth to that child. And frankly, under any one of those excuses, I have a very serious hard time thinking that the parent was not neglecting the welfare of that baby or herself.

But am I going to make her pay? No. That is not within my power; nor my inclination. That is the court's job. I will pray ever day that they have the wisdom to look at all the facts of that sorry and sad, sad story; and make a wise judgment.

#15 Terry

Terry

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,425 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 11:41 PM

No. I got my info from the news; just as ou did. Tell me, why are you taking this so personally? Was this your baby that died? Was this you sister, grandchild, or niece that was found abandoned?

Oh, wait..you think I'm taking a pound of flesh from the people who made and abandoned this small little ball of human flesh and lost hope?

It takes a village, and while I can appreciate (somewhat) your "moral panic", we are responsible for each other, and thus, this child. The couple who made this child will have their own price to pay.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users