3 replies to this topic

#1 granto

granto

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:33 PM

Been pricing water heaters and dragging my feet, as I dreaded having to deal with changing out my slowly leaking heater.  While at  Costco, I saw that they had a new water heater program (gas, electric, tank-less, solar) in this area and I wanted to prove that doing it myself was the only cost effective solution.  Well they proved me wrong, and I ordered one.  

Price was about 30% more than a water heater alone, but included all installation, extra parts and comes with a 15 year parts AND labor warranty!  Hard to find that warranty anywhere else.   The installer was friendly and competent, even bringing me up to the latest building codes.   All I had to do is hand them my Costco card, which is the best way to do a plumbing job.

So if you are a Costco member and looking for a water heater, you should really check out this new program. 

#2 Darth Lefty

Darth Lefty

Disco Infiltrator

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,578 posts
  • Interests:Volunteer with a service club like Active 20-30, and you CAN make a difference!

Posted 13 July 2013 - 05:31 PM

Which option and roughly how much did it cost?  Fiancee wants a tankless nearer the shower.

"I enjoy a bit of cooking, and this has always worried me. But it's OK. I only like it because it allows me to play with knives." - James May

Genesis 49:16-17
http://www.active2030folsom.org

#3 dimeracer

dimeracer

All Star

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:09 AM

My friend just showed me something really cool. He has a pump on his hot water line as it leaves the tank. It circulates the hot water throughout the house so you have instant hot water. It has a timer that you can set so that it only circulates during the hours that you want it to. He said it was only $50-60 for the kit.

#4 granto

granto

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:19 AM

Which option and roughly how much did it cost?  Fiancee wants a tankless nearer the shower.

I got a gas heater, probably best to call them, they do have tankless on the brochure.   1-877-483-6226 that is the number for all contractor services, water heaters are buried in there.   They asked me a bunch of questions, then gave me the estimate over the phone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users