Photo

Vintage 1984? Specialized Mountain Bike (Collectors Item)

Bicycles mountain bikes Bicycles Plus

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Aee2STN

Aee2STN

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 04:28 AM

Hey there. A friend of mine had me do an interesting favor the other day. That's look up what this vintage bike hanging in his room was worth and im so sorry hes a little old but they were selling online for 400-$800. Would any of you bike enthusiasts be interested in me digging up the details on this thing?

#2 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,846 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 02:56 PM

We would probably need to know the model (Rockhopper, Stumpjumper, etc).  All I can tell you is that they made a damn good bike. I rode a mid eighties Stumpjumper (still have it). I had it set up for touring, and rode it across Colorado and Utah. I also rode it every day in the foothills of LA both on and off road. I'm guessing around 15,000 miles and not a single problem. It is still in fine shape. That said, I'm not sure it's worth anything. The new bikes are so much more comfortable, and the tech has improved. If I still rode as much as I did then, I would get me something new to cruise with.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"We will not solve our problems by electing the right people.  We will only solve our problem by making 

it politically profitable for the wrong people to do the right thing" -Milton Friedman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users