• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

Folsom Citizen

• 17,587 posts
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 19 March 2020 - 06:36 AM

MIT biologist says fear mongering on coronavirus will go down as biggest fraud to manipulate economies

https://techstartups...late-economies/

Travel, food and drink blog by Davehttp://davestravels.tv

#2 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

A kinder, gentler Uncle Vinny

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,350 posts
  • Interests:Finally figured out the key to peace: Acceptance and Non-judgement.
    What is more likely: That you will changes the minds of all those who don't agree with you, OR accept them as they are, perhaps simply coming from a different place, a different level of enlightenment?

Posted 19 March 2020 - 08:29 AM

Probably true. And sad.

Personally, I'd rather have a working respirator if I get sick than $1,000 that I don't need.

#3 The Average Joe

The Average Joe

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,026 posts

Posted 19 March 2020 - 10:34 AM

I keep thinking that I am missing a big piece of the puzzle with the reaction of government.  They are turning a health crisis into an economic crisis.  I find the whole thing odd... I remember the London flu, the Hong Kong flu, Sars, Ebola and many other major health issues.  Either there is something about the virus that we are not being told, or there is a more nefarious macro plan to crash the world economy.  You can bet that China and other foes are closely studying our responses and weaknesses and filing them away for future reference.

As a libertarian, I find it troubling how easily we are willing to let the government take away our liberties. I understand the rationale, but I will be turning a skeptical eye towards their usage of this broad power.  The media have been horrible during this situation. They have created panic and been the mouthpiece for Chinese propaganda. D- for them

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive" -- C.S. Lewis

If the only way to combat "global warming" was to lower taxes, we would never hear of the issue again. - Anonymous

"We will not solve our problems by electing the right people.  We will only solve our problem by making 

it politically profitable for the wrong people to do the right thing" -Milton Friedman

#4 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

• Premium Member
  • 3,350 posts
    What is more likely: That you will changes the minds of all those who don't agree with you, OR accept them as they are, perhaps simply coming from a different place, a different level of enlightenment?

Posted 19 March 2020 - 12:41 PM

I keep thinking that I am missing a big piece of the puzzle with the reaction of government.  They are turning a health crisis into an economic crisis.  I find the whole thing odd...

Me too. I don't get it.

People voted for "a business man" for president and they got someone with no public policy experience,

no track record of public service, no knowledge of the law or the Constitution,

who thinks ONLY about money and power. My personal opinion.

#5 slowthegrowth

slowthegrowth

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,659 posts

Posted 19 March 2020 - 01:00 PM

AND THE VINNY HATE TRAIN CHUGS ALONG!!!

Never let an opportunity to hate your president go by.... even though people on BOTH sides are praising him now.

Go to hell and die VINNY.

#6 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

• Premium Member
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 19 March 2020 - 06:55 PM

As a libertarian, I find it troubling how easily we are willing to let the government take away our liberties. I understand the rationale, but I will be turning a skeptical eye towards their usage of this broad power. 

I think Joe is on to something here.                  :idea:

How easily we are giving up our rights, without even a whimper?

Doesn't the Constitution guarantee "freedom of assembly?"          :USA:

A bad smell with this.                 

#7 slowthegrowth

slowthegrowth

Living Legend

• Premium Member
  • 2,659 posts

Posted 20 March 2020 - 08:48 AM

VINNY.... still yelling FIRE in our movie theater.

Un-be-lievable

#8 UncleVinnys

UncleVinnys

• Premium Member
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 04:32 PM

Sorry, Grandma!               (File under "GOP Family Values.")  

Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick suggests he,
other seniors willing to die to get economy going again

“Those of us who are 70 plus, we’ll take care of ourselves. But don’t sacrifice the country,” Patrick told Tucker Carlson.

https://www.nbcnews....illing-n1167341

#9 2 Aces

2 Aces

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,484 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 04:36 PM

3759285080cef25b18042473d0c62eb2.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users