11 replies to this topic

#1 camay2327

camay2327

GO NAVY

• 11,481 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 07:29 PM

News channel 10

Sacramento Sheriffs Helicopter Crashes Near Nimbus Dam
Authorities are on the scene of a crash involving a Sacramento County Sheriff's Department helicopter near Nimbus Dam in Sacramento County. Officials with the Sacramento Police Department confirm three people were aboard the craft when it went down just after 7:00 p.m.

The helicopter, one of three choppers in the Sacramento Sheriff's Department air fleet, went down south of the dam near the Hazel Ave. Bridge.

So far, authorities could not confirm any of the circumstances surrounding the accident or the condition of the three people aboard the craft.

Multiple witnesses say the copter was flying low over the Lake Natoma area when flames were seen shooting from the back of the craft before it went down.

A VETERAN Whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount "up to and including their life". That is HONOR, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -Author unknown-

#2 randb

randb

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 10:18 PM

God bless those men and our hearts go out to the families.

#3 Deb aka Resume Lady

Deb aka Resume Lady

Hopeless Addict

• No Politics!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,361 posts
  • Interests:Sole proprietor: Tailored Resume Services
    Volunteer: Court Appointed Special Advocate for a child in the foster care system

Posted 13 July 2005 - 10:20 PM

Two of the officers are deceased and the third is in critical condition. My heart goes out to the friends and families of these men. sad.gif
Job Search Consultant
Tailored Resume Services
(916) 984-0855

Volunteer, Court Appointed Special Advocate for Sacramento CASA * I Am for the Child
Making a Difference in the Life of Abused and Neglected Children in Foster Care
http://www.sacramentocasa.org/

I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. ~ Edward Everett Hale

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~ Anne Frank

#4 OceanGirl

OceanGirl

Superstar

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • Interests:The ocean, boogie boarding, biking, martial arts, camping, hiking, skiing- pretty much anything outdoors, family, pets

Posted 14 July 2005 - 09:09 AM

Does the county only have one helicopter? I am wondering if this is the Sheriff's helicopter I saw circling both Tuesday night and Wednesday night from the track I walk on.

Very sad- thoughts and prayers for the families. sad.gif
I like to reminisce with people I don't know
~Steven Wright~

http://www.waterfallswest.com

#5 traceyl

traceyl

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 09:16 AM

QUOTE(OceanGirl @ Jul 14 2005, 10:09 AM)
Does the county only have one helicopter?  I am wondering if this is the Sheriff's helicopter I saw circling both Tuesday night and Wednesday night from the track I walk on.

Very sad- thoughts and prayers for the families.  sad.gif

View Post

I was wondering the same thing. We were heading home, up Riley toward Oak Ave Pkwy and I noticed the Sheriff helicopter circling over to the north... maybe near Blue Ravine/Oak Ave Pkwy. I remember I looked at my clock b/c I was going to ask the forum today if anyone knew what was up... it was 7:03pm. It was at about 7:45pm that Channel 10 scrolled the crash across the screen. Just gave me a sick feeling.

What a terrible loss. My thoughts and prayers go out to the families.

#6 tessieca

tessieca

Hopeless Addict

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 09:16 AM

One news report said they have/had three helicopters.

I am so sorry for those families. sad.gif
"Sometimes on purpose and sometimes by accident, teachers' unions have a long history of working against the interests of children in the name of job security for adults. And Democrats in particular have a history of facilitating this obstructionism in exchange for campaign donations and votes." . . .Amanda Ripley re "Waiting for Superman" movie.

#7 DrKoz23

DrKoz23

Hall Of Famer

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 09:38 AM

QUOTE(OceanGirl @ Jul 14 2005, 10:09 AM)
Does the county only have one helicopter?  I am wondering if this is the Sheriff's helicopter I saw circling both Tuesday night and Wednesday night from the track I walk on.

Very sad- thoughts and prayers for the families.  sad.gif

View Post

The sheriff department had a total of 3 helicopters in use. Each is a Eurocopter EC120. The photo on the front of myfolsom.com right now is the one that crashed (tail number N266SD) This may have been the one you saw... I don't know if each one has its own area to cover.

Definitely a terrible incident. Gave me a sick feeling last night when I heard about it.

#8 john

john

Founder

• Admin
  • 9,841 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 10:57 AM

QUOTE(DrKoz23 @ Jul 14 2005, 10:38 AM)
The photo on the front of myfolsom.com right now is the one that crashed (tail number N266SD)

View Post

Crazy. I did not know that. I figured "what are the odds?"

#9 7-11

7-11

All Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 11:16 AM

A very tragic accident. Man, it just shows you never know when "your number is up", and makes you appreciate life, friends, and family.

#10 FolsomRider

FolsomRider

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 04:52 PM

My heart goes out to the families and the officer in critical condition. I really wish thay had aimed for the lake and not the little patch of land they tried their emergency landing on.

But, and this isn't gruesome, I can't say I'm surprised this happened.

They reqularly fly very aggressive patterns over the open fields along the American River Trail, between Sunrise and Geothe Park. I mean, VERY aggressive and low to the ground. It's really scarey to watch. It's like their playing like they're in Apache Helocopters in Iraq but they aren't. When I'm on the bike and their "training" like that, my first thought is to high tail it out of there as to avoid being hit.

It's sad when a tragedy has to bring reality to light.

#11 zach5

zach5

Superstar

• Registered Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 06:09 PM

I was wondering the same thing. We were heading home, up Riley toward Oak Ave Pkwy and I noticed the Sheriff helicopter circling over to the north... maybe near Blue Ravine/Oak Ave Pkwy. I remember I looked at my clock b/c I was going to ask the forum today if anyone knew what was up... it was 7:03pm. It was at about 7:45pm that Channel 10 scrolled the crash across the screen. Just gave me a sick feeling.

What a terrible loss. My thoughts and prayers go out to the families.

Yeah I saw the same thing on E. Bidwell
Come Support Me This Year For Relay For Life!
http://www.acsevents.../ca/folsom/zach

#12 bekmann

bekmann

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Golf, NASCAR, Church, Children

Posted 14 July 2005 - 08:53 PM

I now the officer, Eric Hendrickson, who is in critical condition. He was a 1994 graduate from Bella Vista High School in Fair Oaks. He was also one of Bella Vista's SRO's (school resource officer). I continue to pray for his recovery. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends of the two deceased officers. flag.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users