Jump to content






Photo
- - - - -

E3


  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Mommy2Sydni

Mommy2Sydni

    Superstar

  • Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts
  • Location:The Enclave

Posted 11 April 2006 - 05:52 AM

My husband is going this year...just wondering if anyone else around here is going....

#2 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

    Folsom Citizen

  • Moderator
  • 17,588 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Folsom
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 11 April 2006 - 06:43 AM

QUOTE(Mommy2Sydni @ Apr 11 2006, 06:52 AM) View Post

My husband is going this year...just wondering if anyone else around here is going....


What is it?

Travel, food and drink blog by Dave - http://davestravels.tv

 


#3 Chad Vander Veen

Chad Vander Veen

    Hopeless Addict

  • Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,209 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Folsom

Posted 11 April 2006 - 06:51 AM

Oh man, I wish I was going. T'would be awesome.

#4 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

    Folsom Citizen

  • Moderator
  • 17,588 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Folsom
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 11 April 2006 - 07:31 AM

QUOTE(c_vanderveen @ Apr 11 2006, 07:51 AM) View Post

Oh man, I wish I was going. T'would be awesome.


ah! its a game convention

Travel, food and drink blog by Dave - http://davestravels.tv

 


#5 Mommy2Sydni

Mommy2Sydni

    Superstar

  • Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts
  • Location:The Enclave

Posted 11 April 2006 - 07:33 AM

QUOTE(davburr @ Apr 11 2006, 07:43 AM) View Post

What is it?


It is a gaming show...Not 100% sure what all it entails, but I think they show all the new systems/games/accesories that will be coming out. Since my husband is in the gaming field he gets to go...(he was supposed to go last year, but our son decided to be born 5 weeks early!)

It seems like he will have a blast...all of the major brands throw parties, so he will probably go to the Sony and Nintendo ones...

I wish I could go with him dry.gif

#6 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

    Folsom Citizen

  • Moderator
  • 17,588 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Folsom
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 11 April 2006 - 07:35 AM

QUOTE(Mommy2Sydni @ Apr 11 2006, 08:33 AM) View Post

It is a gaming show...Not 100% sure what all it entails, but I think they show all the new systems/games/accesories that will be coming out. Since my husband is in the gaming field he gets to go...(he was supposed to go last year, but our son decided to be born 5 weeks early!)

It seems like he will have a blast...all of the major brands throw parties, so he will probably go to the Sony and Nintendo ones...

I wish I could go with him dry.gif


very cool! thats awesome your husbands in the industry - who does he work for?

Travel, food and drink blog by Dave - http://davestravels.tv

 


#7 Mommy2Sydni

Mommy2Sydni

    Superstar

  • Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts
  • Location:The Enclave

Posted 11 April 2006 - 07:48 AM

QUOTE(davburr @ Apr 11 2006, 08:35 AM) View Post

very cool! thats awesome your husbands in the industry - who does he work for?


GameStop

#8 nhardy

nhardy

    MyFolsom's 12th Round Pick

  • Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 08:05 AM

IPB Image
To all you Freaks, don't stop the rock....

#9 bishmasterb

bishmasterb

    MyFolsom Loser

  • Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,563 posts
  • Location:Middle of nowhere

Posted 11 April 2006 - 08:20 AM

I've gone a few times in the past and it's always been a blast.

And of course there's always http://www.e3girls.com smile.gif

#10 Dave Burrell

Dave Burrell

    Folsom Citizen

  • Moderator
  • 17,588 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Folsom
  • Interests:Beer, Photography, Travel, Art

Posted 11 April 2006 - 08:38 AM

QUOTE(bishmasterb @ Apr 11 2006, 09:20 AM) View Post

I've gone a few times in the past and it's always been a blast.

And of course there's always http://www.e3girls.com smile.gif



maybe the event should be renamed G-3 - geeks, games, girls... laughcry.gif

Travel, food and drink blog by Dave - http://davestravels.tv

 


#11 mylo

mylo

    Mmm.. Tomato

  • Moderator
  • 16,763 posts
  • Location:Folsom

Posted 11 April 2006 - 08:46 AM

haha, nhardy.. I love the hoopty pants on g-fresh on the right!

Edited by mylo, 11 April 2006 - 08:46 AM.

"Ah, yes, those Gucci extremists and their Prada jihad!" --ducky

#12 nhardy

nhardy

    MyFolsom's 12th Round Pick

  • Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 08:49 AM

QUOTE(mylo @ Apr 11 2006, 09:46 AM) View Post

haha, nhardy.. I love the hoopty pants on g-fresh on the right!


laugh.gif More pockets to hold their spells and magic potions.

I wonder why none of them are wearing "Boots of Escape" though?
To all you Freaks, don't stop the rock....

#13 Steve Heard

Steve Heard

    Owner

  • Admin
  • 13,752 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 11 April 2006 - 10:23 AM

I used to do travel for Sega, Electronic Arts, Eidos/Chrystal Dynamics, and a bunch of other video game companies. I had to go to E3 and CES to make sure they all got there and back. Loved E3.

Sony had parties at their studios. One year they had Beck, another, Macy Gray as entertainment. When they had it in Atlanta, they took over a parking structure, and had some famous rock band. Don't remember who. I think it might have been the Foo Fighters or Soul Asylum or something like that.

I got to hang out with Sugar Ray Leonard one evening, then again at somone else's party, and they had some famous rapper. Don't remember who. I think they had some crazy cool name. No one got shot, so that was good.

Anyway, at E3, you get to try out all of the latest games, see those in development, see or meet lots of celebs, free food and booze, parties, and as Bish said, the E3 girls.

I miss those days. We don't have anything like that in Real Estate or Mortgage.




Steve Heard

Folsom Real Estate Specialist

EXP Realty

BRE#01368503

Owner - MyFolsom.com

916 718 9577 


#14 MikeinFolsom

MikeinFolsom

    Living Legend

  • Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 12:53 PM

Isn't that the big show where there are a lot of porn stars as well????

#15 Steve Heard

Steve Heard

    Owner

  • Admin
  • 13,752 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 11 April 2006 - 02:51 PM

QUOTE(MikeinFolsom @ Apr 11 2006, 01:53 PM) View Post

Isn't that the big show where there are a lot of porn stars as well????


The porn star convention, or so I've heard, occurs at the same time as Winter CES (consumer electronics show). Although video game companies do often exhibit there, they started E3 as their own.


Steve Heard

Folsom Real Estate Specialist

EXP Realty

BRE#01368503

Owner - MyFolsom.com

916 718 9577 





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users